Managing campaigns individually

• Martin Boire
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #6136 by Martin Boire
Managing campaigns individually was created by Martin Boire
Hi, I have been using jDonation for quite some time now and it's a very well done component.

Some time ago I had asked if it was possible to manage campaigns separately, meaning having the ability to create different fields and above all list the donations separately for each campaign.

While having the ability to create separate campaigns is great, each needs to be identical to the next in almost every aspect and I Haven't found a way to tell which campaign a donor belongs to.

At the time I was told that feature was going to be in the next release, which I just bought again (we lost our first purchase info) and installed on a test site.

I don't see a way to:

a) Create a separate campaign with different fields, values, amounts, etc.
b) tell which campaign a donor donated to and be able to download a separate list of donors just for that campaign.

I am I missing something? (It's possible)

I solved the problem by just cloning the site and placing a stripped down version in it own folder.

Now I was going to try to go into the code and rename the component so it could be installed again under a different name. With some components that's possible, with others is so time consuming as to not be worth it, so I am not sure where yours will fall, but before I do that I'd like to be able to know for sure if I misunderstood our previous conversation or not.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #6188 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Managing campaigns individually
Hi

The extension does support managing campaigns individually already. You need to do the following steps :

1. Go to Joom Donation -> Configuration

2. Set Activate campaign feature campaign to Yes .

3. Set Custom fields based on campaign to Yes .

4. Set Amount by campaign to Yes.

After that :

1. You can assign custom fields to individual campaigns (each campaign can have it's own custom fields) .

2. You can define predefined amounts for each campaign .

3. In donors management screen, just choose a campaign from Dropdown and all donors who donated for this campaign will be showed .

Hope it is clear to you !

Thanks,

Tuan

• Martin Boire
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 4 months ago #6197 by Martin Boire
Replied by Martin Boire on topic Re: Managing campaigns individually
Thank you. Will do

More
13 years 4 months ago #6281 by Firearm
Replied by Firearm on topic Re: Managing campaigns individually
If you do this however why can you not have a pre-defined amounts for one campaign but not another. If you set it to Amount by campaign, then every campaign needs to have some amounts, else you see an $0.00 amount which doesn't make sense.

Also it would be nice to be able to select multiple campaigns for custom fields, currently you have all or single. Say I want an Envelope # on 5 of my campaigns but on 3 others I do not. I have to setup 5 custom Envelope # fields which is more work but also makes 5 additional fields on the csv export which is difficult to manage.

admin wrote:

Hi

The extension does support managing campaigns individually already. You need to do the following steps :

1. Go to Joom Donation -> Configuration

2. Set Activate campaign feature campaign to Yes .

3. Set Custom fields based on campaign to Yes .

4. Set Amount by campaign to Yes.

After that :

1. You can assign custom fields to individual campaigns (each campaign can have it's own custom fields) .

2. You can define predefined amounts for each campaign .

3. In donors management screen, just choose a campaign from Dropdown and all donors who donated for this campaign will be showed .

Hope it is clear to you !

Thanks,

Tuan

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt