Remove options from the Tribute / Dedication option

• Neiger Design
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #122465 by Neiger Design
Because "in memory of" and "in remembrance of" are basically the same thing, we would like to remove one of the dedication options.

Where can I find the settings to remove that radio option?

Thank you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mr. Dam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 2 months ago #122494 by Mr. Dam
Hi Neiger,
You can modify "Dedicate type" through file: root -> components -> com_jdonation -> helper -> helper.php
Find function:
Code:
static function getDedicateType($type) { switch ($type){ case "1": return JText::_('JD_IN_HONOR_OF'); break; case "2": return JText::_('JD_IN_MEMORY_OF'); break; case "3": return JText::_('JD_IN_DEDICATE_TO'); break; case "4": return JText::_('JD_IN_REMEMBRANCE_OF'); break; } }

Thanks
Dam

• Neiger Design
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #122504 by Neiger Design
Replied by Neiger Design on topic Remove options from the Tribute / Dedication option
Thank you Mr. Dam. Commenting out the extra items removed the text, but the radio buttons are still there. See the attachment.
Attachments:

• Mr. Dam
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 2 months ago #122671 by Mr. Dam
Hi,
If you only have 2 Dedicate options, you can follow below steps to modify
1. Open 2 files: root -> components -> com_jdonation -> view -> donation -> tmpl -> default.php and simpleflow_layout.php
2. Find:
Code:
for($i=1;$i<=4;$i++) { ?> <div class="<?php echo $span3Class?>"> <input type="radio" name="dedicate_type" value="<?php echo $i;?>" /> &nbsp; <?php echo DonationHelper::getDedicateType($i);?> </div> <?php }
and change to
Code:
for($i=1;$i<=2;$i++) { ?> <div class="<?php echo $span3Class?>"> <input type="radio" name="dedicate_type" value="<?php echo $i;?>" /> &nbsp; <?php echo DonationHelper::getDedicateType($i);?> </div> <?php }

Thanks
Dam

Moderators: Mr. DamDũng Nguyễn Việt