Membership Pro version 2.6.3 released

More
7 years 7 months ago #88424 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Membership Pro version 2.6.3 released

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Today, I released another minor version: Version 2.6.4. This version doesn't have any new features, It however implements mechanism to allow override every code in Membership Pro and these override won't be lost when updating to new version (the same with template override). From this version, we can:

1. Override any controller classes

2. Override any model classes

3.Override any view classes

4.Override some common used static methods such as send email methods, buildTags, export data

This is very useful when we have to customize Membership Pro to meet specific requirement from certain customers. It is useful for both our support team and for developers who has to customize Membership Pro but still want to upgrade to future releases of the extension

Regards,

Tuan

Tuan,

Can I ask, with the above can you clarify whether you are refactoring your code to use MVC within Membership Pro now, which if so it is of course a good thing

I'm only asking as $900 worth of plugins I had developed elsewhere (that I haven't even got around to using commercially yet) are no longer working as expected, but all of the customization that was built into these plugins by a 3rd party dev would need to be re-written.

if everything has been changed to use MVC or if there are still portions that are not using MVC with MembershipPro, can you please detail the specifics so we can try and trace down whether this change is 100% the cause, or if not - then it may still give some pointers to tracking down the cause.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #88435 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership Pro version 2.6.3 released
Hi Robert

The extension is written using MVC pattern from scratch. And here, the change is only improve it to support override, it won't break existing code if the code is written within the plugin only

However, if to support recurring subscription for GC, the developer had modified some of core code of Membership Pro, and if you update, the code modification is lost, and that might be the reason causing the issue

As the code of the plugin is written by someone else, I don't have any clues about it

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: PhoenixUK

More
7 years 6 months ago #88908 by Martin Vindheim
Replied by Martin Vindheim on topic Membership Pro version 2.6.3 released
Hi
What are the upgrade price ?
Regards
Martin V.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago #88929 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Martin

Upgrade price is the same with new purchase. We try to keep our product price low as possible (you can compare the price with product in same category from other providers to see that), so we don't have different price for renewal (yet)

Hope you will still purchase new version and support our development

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 6 months ago #89831 by Tietze
Replied by Tietze on topic Membership Pro version 2.6.3 released
Hello,
Have I correctly understood that with this tool also the invoices from Eshop into the German can be translated? I have just searched in Eshop as the invoices can be converted into another language, but I did not find anything. Thank you for an answer
Regards,

Jörg

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 6 months ago #89853 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Jörg

This is not related to Eshop. For Eshop question, could you please post it to Eshop forum category so that the maintainer of Eshop can give you the answer?

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 6 months ago #89872 by Tietze
Replied by Tietze on topic Membership Pro version 2.6.3 released
OK :)