[02-August-2023] Membership Pro Version 3.4.1 Released

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 months 3 days ago #159781 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce new version of Membership Pro 3.4.1 with the following improvements:

1. Improve Subscription Form Layout

- Allow controlling number fields per row. This will help you to have column layouts (for example 2 columns layout, 3 columns layout...) for your subscription form easier. You can set up it global (which will be applied for all subscription plans) or setup it separately for each subscription plan.
- Each subscription plan can have it own Subscription Form Layout (Default Or Columns), Form Format (Horizontal or Stacked) and Number Fields Per Row (which override global settings in Membership Pro -> Configuration)

2. Improve Custom Fees Behavior For Recurring Subscription

Now when you add a custom fee field to a recurring subscription plans, you can choose whether fee from that field will be added To Trial Payment Amount (First Payment), Recurring Payment Amount or Both via Fee Usage parameter of the custom field.

3. Failed Payment Notification
Added  System - Incomplete Payment Subscription Notification  plugin which allows sending notification to emails you want (usually administrator emails) when someone subscribes for your plans but did not make payment for some reasons (failed payment, or just close browser when being redirected to payment gateways...). Knowing about this, you might want to contact them and ask them to see the reason and encourage them to subscribe again.

4. Events Booking Integration

- Added a plugin to Events Booking extension called Events Booking - Auto Membership. It allows you to control when user register for an event in Events Booking, they will be subscribed to the subscription plans you want. I decided to ship this integration in Events Booking, so if you want to use this integration, please download latest package of Events Booking, upgrade it to your site. Then follow instructions at  eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/plugins/auto-membership  to configure and use the plugin.

5. Update MPDF plugin

If you use MPDF plugin to generate pdf files (invoices , member cards), there are some improvements of the plugin which you might want to download the plugin and update:
- Update MPDF library to latest version
- Handle background image (for member card) properly. That does not work before.
- Support different css files, each pdf file for css code for a type of pdf file generated (invoice, member card). See  membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/plugin...to-css-file-directly
- Allow using custom TTF font if the fonts shipped with the plugin does not work for your need  membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/plugins/mpdf#use-custom-font

5. Improve Member Card

- Added [OSM_MEMBER_DATA_QRCODE] tag which when scanning using a QR CODE Scanner, subscription information will be displayed. You can control what information you want to display via a language item (put the tags contains the data you want to display into that language item)

6. Improve Email

- Allow setting Reply To Email for emails sent from Membership Pro.

6. Bugs Fixes

- Fixed subscription form layout when using File Containers with UIKIT 3 base templates (Yootheme templates)
- Fixed custom fields dependency when editing subscription from backend
- Few layout tweaks + bugs fixes for frontend add/edit subscription plan.

Please update your site to this latest version of Events Booking to use these nice improvements. Thanks for continue using our products and support our development.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Impression eStudio, Trevor Smith, David Unwin, Adonay, Johnny

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 1 day ago #159810 by David Unwin
Hi Tuan,
Thank you for another very useful update to MP.
Quick question on Point 4. Events Booking Integration.- Events Booking - Auto Membership
Will the user have a option to take out the membership or not with this plugin activated?   The reason I ask is that some people may only ever come to one our our events and there is no point in them having a membership unlike others who come on a more regular basis. I would imagine other MP/EB users have similar situations.
Kind regards
David

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 months 1 day ago #159821 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [02-August-2023] Membership Pro Version 3.4.1 Released
Hi David

There is no option like that. If it is configured for the event, every users who has account will be subscribed to the subscription plan, they cannot choose whether they want to subscribe or not

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Unwin

• Impression eStudio
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 months 2 weeks ago - 8 months 2 weeks ago #160144 by Impression eStudio
Replied by Impression eStudio on topic [02-August-2023] Membership Pro Version 3.4.1 Released
Hi, 

I don't know if there is any factor that I miss, but I think that there is need for a fix on the sign up page.
The code:
        if ($this->config->registration_integration) {
        ?>
            <h2 class="osm-heading" id="osm-new-user-register"><?php echo Text::_('OSM_NEW_USER_REGISTER'); ?></h2>
            <h3 class="osm-heading" id="osm-account-information"><?php echo Text::_('OSM_ACCOUNT_INFORMATION'); ?></h3>
        <?php
        }
that exists in the file "components/com_osmembership/view/register/tmpl/default_login.php"
should be moved to the file "components/com_osmembership/view/register/tmpl/default.php" 
after the opening tag for the form.

There is no need the title for the new user sign up to exists inside the form for the existing user.

Thanks
Last edit: 8 months 2 weeks ago by Impression eStudio.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 months 2 weeks ago #160148 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [02-August-2023] Membership Pro Version 3.4.1 Released
Hello

Yes, I realized. However, for the time being, we might have to leave it as how it is. The reason is because if we make the propose change and someone overrides the file default_login.php, they will now see double title and it is not good

We might change it when on the next major release of Membership Pro (Membership Pro version 4.x) but for 3.x series, we will have to leave it as how it is for backward compatible purpose

Tuan

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #161366 by Christina
I love the auto membership plugin idea, will it be developed to be able to allow the registrant to select a membership plan and add the cost to the event registration? I've been asked a couple of times for the site I manage to do this.

Thanks 

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 months 3 weeks ago #161369 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
That would require custom development for Events Booking. The idea is that you can create a custom fee field to allow users to choose the plan they want to subscribe and then charge them the fee you want eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-s...wn-custom-field-type

Then that plugin will need to base on the value which users select for the field, subscribe them to the configured plan

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 months 3 weeks ago #161426 by Ahmad Arshad
Have we gone off of the monthly release cycle for this component?