Joomla User/ MP Subscriber cleanup

• Jonathan Colls
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #98971 by Jonathan Colls
Joomla User/ MP Subscriber cleanup was created by Jonathan Colls
I like to delete Joomla Users that have not activated their accounts after an amount of time. This is so that they may re-register easily without getting a "This email address is already used" message.

However, from reading other threads I need to separately delete Membership Pro Subscriptions. This is quite a tedious job as you have to look them up by email address in MP, where as the Joomla User screen allows filtering by status and batch deleting.

It would be nice if MP could help with this task. Here are some ideas:
- Membership Pro subscriber screen indicated/highlighted any subscriptions where a Joomla user did not exist which can then be deleted using the existing tools
- Membership Pro showed the user activation status of users so that you could delete them there first.
- Membership Pro had a tool that when run would check that Joomla accounts exist and if not give an option to delete the subscriptions.

Although quite risky I suppose it is possible to construct a MySql query that would remove MP Subs where there is not Joomla user found. But I'm thinking that may leave some remnants of the users subscription in other MP tables. So not ideal.

Anyway, something possibly to consider for a future version.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #126207 by Eric de Waal
Replied by Eric de Waal on topic Joomla User/ MP Subscriber cleanup
Hello,

was there ever a solution posted for this issue?
I would also welcome the option to delete Joomla users from Membership Pro! So a 2-way sync not only on create, but also on delete.
Manual selection of the expired users is OK, does not have to be automatic.

Regards,
Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.