Feature request to improve custom fields in Profile

• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 9 months ago #115632 by Chris Jarvis
I would like to ask if Custom Fields can have an Edit on Renewal or Upgrade setting of Yes and No please.

Just like there is for Edit On Profile - Yes or No

I really like that we can show Members certain Custom field information that they can't change in their profile. I use it to show what Level they are with are us and what Organisation we have them working for after proof is received.

It is really good that they can't change this on their profile

BUT

If they renew or upgrade their plan with us ALL the custom fields showing become editable at renewal or upgrade and it kind of defeats the purpose of having the edit lock in their profile.

I have had members moving themselves to a higher level with us and gaining access to content they aren't entitled too or saying they work for big companies they don't in their profile without proof simply by updating their details at the time they renew.

It would be really great to have the same Yes/No setting as Edit on profile to be available.

So I would like to request an Edit on Renewal/Upgrade Yes/No option for Custom Fields please.

Would anybody else find this useful?

Thanks again for such a great and powerful extension

Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 5 months ago #118883 by Alison
I agree with you Chris - I think this would be a very valuable feature that empowers admins only to change data on the back-end. I have noticed when testing the certificate feature, that there could potentially be an abuse of the system in this way too.

Alison

• Lionel Charrier
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 5 months ago #119593 by Lionel Charrier
Replied by Lionel Charrier on topic Feature request to improve custom fields in Profile
I agree also without. I would like in fact that custom field have same features that Community Builder Custom field : A read-only feature at creation and/or at renewal.

More
5 years 3 months ago #121575 by Daniel Duvald
Replied by Daniel Duvald on topic Feature request to improve custom fields in Profile
Same issue here - I'd like to have some custom fields hidden on membership upgrade page

More
5 years 2 months ago #122516 by Cory von Encore
Replied by Cory von Encore on topic Feature request to improve custom fields in Profile
I would like this feature as well. Right now I'm hiding fields using css.

More
5 years 2 months ago #122534 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Feature request to improve custom fields in Profile
Hi

In latest version, we have new setting called Show On Subscription Form. You can set it to No and the field won't be displayed on subscription form (new subscription, renew or upgrade)

So for this requirement, you can set the setting to No. Then enter data for that field for the subscription from backend. Users won't be able to edit this field but it will still be shown on his profile

Not sure if it works for your need? Try to play with it and let me know the feed back

Tuan

• Chris Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #122898 by Chris Jarvis
Replied by Chris Jarvis on topic Feature request to improve custom fields in Profile
Hi Tuan

Thanks for adding this option in for us all. I have just updated and tested things but I wanted to ask a question please?

I have set the custom fields I have that record really important historic data on our members to Show on Subscription = No so that they can't change this information when they renew or upgrade but have noticed that anyone who renewed today, all that data has been wiped from their records

Have i missed a setting with this or has anyone else experienced this change?

I'm worried I will lose this information for members by me doing this when they renew online.

Thanks

Chris