Exempt all language edits from over-writing during component update

• jgribble
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #121250 by jgribble
You have done such a great job with this app, I hesitate to ask for more. But, here's a small thing.
I build websites which customers largely self manage. To make things more understandable for them, I often edit the back-end language as well as the front-end.
I know my user's comprehension level and am able to "dumb things down" a little bit for them.
When I updated the component several days ago, I found that my front-end language edits were preserved.
But all my back-end language edits were lost. All of that labeling reverted to original default.
It would be great not to have to deal with this every time we update the extension.
Thank you!
-Jim Gribble.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 months ago #121261 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Jim

Currently, we don't process backend language file during update. But OK, I will try to support it in next release of the extension

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: jgribble

• jgribble
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 3 months ago #121282 by jgribble
As I said, it is a small thing. It did not take me long to restore my edits. We appreciate your commitment to continually improving Membership Pro. That's why it is the best membership extension on the market.
-Jim G.

More
5 years 3 months ago #121303 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It's easy to implement as we implemented it for frontend language file already. I just didn't know that people also edited backend language file.

Anyway, I will work on it and update you when it's implemented

Tuan