Subscription Manager:Subscriptions - Search by Invoice No.

• Adam Larsen
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #136748 by Adam Larsen
When I have paper check payments come in, the name of the customer's organization doesn't always match exactly to the way they entered it when signing up for an account. But I always have an invoice number for matching. If the payment was delayed a bit, the invoice needing to be paid might be on page two of this page, and I don't see it right away.

If we could search by invoice number in the search box, that would be A+. It looks like it is already searching by user name, org name, and membership ID, but not invoice.

This seems fairly straightforward to implement and would be a really nice quick win.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 9 months ago #136754 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Adam

I just had that feature implemented. You can:

1. Access to My Downloads menu item, download latest package, upgrade it to your site

2. Then login to administrator area of your site, access to this URL domain.com/administrator/index.php?optio...atted_invoice_number

(Replace domain.com/administrator with administrator URL of your site)

This step is needed so that the system will generate formatted invoice number so that you can enter full invoice number (prefix + number) to search for a subscription

3. If you want to search for full membership ID (enter both prefix and number path), you can access to domain.com/administrator/index.php?optio...matted_membership_id to generate formatted Membership ID to make it searchable, too

Tuan

• Adam Larsen
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #136756 by Adam Larsen
Sorry, it doesn't seem to be working. I'm on 20.2, did that middle step, and I'm still not able to search by invoice number.

I'm getting formatted numbers and have been since I started using the plugin.

Here's what I see:

More
3 years 9 months ago #136757 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
I just added support for it recently. So please access to My Downloads menu item, re-download the latest package, upgrade it to your site

Then do the step #2 and #3 as I described above, then check it again. It should work well

If not, feel free to submit a support ticket so that I can check it further

Regards,

Tuan

• Adam Larsen
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #136758 by Adam Larsen
Oh great! It works!

That generation task (step 2)...that only has to be done once, correct? If new invoices come in after having done this, they will automatically be searchable?

More
3 years 9 months ago #136759 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes Adam

That will only needed for existing invoices. For new invoices generated from now on, it will be generated and stored automatically. You don't need that workaround now

Regards,

Tuan

• Adam Larsen
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 9 months ago #136775 by Adam Larsen
That is wonderful. Thank you so much.

More
3 years 9 months ago #136776 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
You're welcome.