Unsubscribe From Subscription Plan

• John Nguyen
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #33304 by John Nguyen
Unsubscribe From Subscription Plan was created by John Nguyen
Hi Tuan,

I have created a subscription plan that auto renews each month for each member. However, I would like to have an option for registered users to unsubscribe and cancel their membership at any point. Is this possible to do this and if so how would I implement it?

Thanks,
John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #33482 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Unsubscribe From Subscription Plan
Hi John

What payment gateway you are using ? Unfortunately, it is not possible to do that via API. At the moment, when users want to cancel subscription, he will have to cancel it through the payment gateway (login to Paypal for example and cancel the subscription).

Regards,

Tuan

• John Nguyen
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #33513 by John Nguyen
Replied by John Nguyen on topic Re: Unsubscribe From Subscription Plan
I'm using Paypal. Is there another option for the site administrator to cancel the payments through the Jooomla or Joomdonation backend interface? For example if I were to go to the Joomdonation backend then got to "subscribers" then change a user's status to "expired" or if I go to the Joomla Usermanager, then just delete the subscribed user, would either of these actions stop the payment without the user having to go to paypal themself and cancel the recurring payment themselves?

Thanks,
John

More
10 years 9 months ago #33548 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi John

Unfortunately, it is not possible. It is not the limitation of the extension itself. It is just Paypal doesn't allow us to do that via their API !

Tuan

More
8 years 2 months ago #77630 by cyrix
Replied by cyrix on topic Re: Unsubscribe From Subscription Plan

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hi John

Unfortunately, it is not possible. It is not the limitation of the extension itself. It is just Paypal doesn't allow us to do that via their API !

Tuan

After two years, does the latest version of MP provide the ability to cancel recurring subscription by the user?
Thanks.

More
8 years 2 months ago #77631 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
That's only possible if you are using a payment plugins which support it. Right now, the following payment plugins support it :

1. PayPal Pro

2. Authorize.net

3. Stripe

Regards,

Tuan