Migration from AEC to Membership Pro

More
8 years 5 months ago #72096 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro

MrBean wrote: Hey Tuan,
did you ever work out how to do AEC migration I have a coupe of AEC sites considering moving to MPRO

I am sorry. I haven't had a chance to work on the Migration tool yet. I am still busy working to improve Membership Pro (just released new version today)

I could not promise exactly when I will have the migration tool. Will try to have it in 2 months

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark Bogart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #72518 by Mark Bogart
Replied by Mark Bogart on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Tuan,

We are also an unhappy AEC user.
I really believe that if you came up with an AEC migration solution and listed it in your features you might have a flood of folks who would like to move away from AEC but have been intimidated by the migration process.
We await your solution !
The following user(s) said Thank You: John Sanders

More
8 years 2 months ago #76671 by x-bit
Replied by x-bit on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Time has come to win the AEC customers!

valanx.org/ is dead, github repo is emptied and "SkOre" aka David Deutsch is not responding any mails or postings.

I am first in buying the migrator to Membership Pro!

More
8 years 2 months ago #76709 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

I am sorry. Up to now, we still don't have the migration script yet. There are still something which I want to improve Membership Pro first before working on migration

Could you come back to me in the next two weeks and giving me access to your site to check the data of AEC? I will then working on the migrator at that time

Tuan

More
8 years 2 months ago #77012 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Tuan

I worked on some of the AEC code a million years ago. I used to helpinterfere around the forums over on AEC way back at version 0.12. So I have a reasonable understanding of the data structure etc. If you want a PM discussion let me know. I can possibly find a development server with a copy of AEC on it that I can find a SQL access for etc for you if you wanted it...

You can export CSV from AEC so the basic migration is easy enough I suspect. But some of the other stuff may be more challenging..

C

More
8 years 2 months ago #77067 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks calum for your help. Right now, I still haven't had time to look at it yet. However, it you or someone can help me with the following information, that would be great

1. A copy of the database

2. A copy of AEC extension

I want to have a look at their database structure first. After that, if I have questions, I can ask you (or customers) easier. I also worked with the code of AEC few years ago (when I was a freelancer but their code seems to hard to read, not sure how it is now)

Tuan

More
8 years 2 months ago #77068 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
And Yes, nothing better than having a development server with a copy of AEC on it. However, I could not expect you to help me too much like that.

Tuan

More
8 years 2 months ago #77088 by Mark Bogart
Replied by Mark Bogart on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
Tuan,

I am getting ready to transition from AEC to Mpro.
I will be abandoning my old Joomla 2.5.x site with AEC.

You have been so helpful to us, I would be willing to let you use the old version in some form for testing if that would help.
We never could get AEC to work in 3.x

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #78164 by x-bit
Replied by x-bit on topic Migration from AEC to Membership Pro
As AEC is abandonware now, I am happy to link to the latest stable release: 1drv.ms/1RcMkbW
Last Github repo version (not considered stable): 1drv.ms/1RcMuQE

The two are for Joomla 3.x and the stable release is running on our site.

Over the week-end I will setup a full functioning sample server with sample data. Please let me know if you are comfortable using HeidiSql ( www.heidisql.com/ ) or equivalent SSH database access software. I would be glad to send you the credentials to the server database!
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by x-bit.

More
8 years 1 month ago #78184 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@x-bit: Thanks so much. However, there was a customer allowing me to access to a copy of his site with actual data so that I can understand how that extension uses it the real life and implement the migrator

As I am going to work on both new version and the migrator at the same time, please be patient and wait for me. We might have to wait 4 to 6 weeks to have new version of the extension and the migrator ready

Please be patient and wait for us. We will get there

Regards,

Tuan