Remove user from registered group on subscription

• Mary
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #65346 by Mary
I see in this thread this is asked
joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pro/43...scription.html#49521
Is this something that could be accomplished with the php script plugin ? If so can I get a basic idea of where to start or if this is something we can pay to have done ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 months ago #65374 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Remove user from registered group on subscription
Hi Mary

What's the reason you want to remove users from Registered group when he sign up for a plan? That seems strange and un-usual to me

Regards,

Tuan

• Mary
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #65386 by Mary
I need content and menu items that only display for members that are in specific groups and when they are in both the registered and the group they get moved into with their subscription, I am not able to (easily) do this.
For example- we want a menu item that says "pay your dues" (that goes to the membership page) but we do not want it to show up for people who have active subscriptions because it is confusing to them.
Last edit: 8 years 10 months ago by Mary. Reason: added info

More
8 years 10 months ago #65396 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Remove user from registered group on subscription
Hi Marry

I made a quick modification for you. Please get this plugin here, upgrade it to your site, check it again and let me know the result

Please note that you should have membership pro 2.0.x to use this plugin as I modified it based on Membership Pro 2.0.x version

Tuan
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mary

• Mary
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #65401 by Mary
that works perfect ! Thank you

More
8 years 10 months ago #65422 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Thanks for confirming Mary !

Tuan

More
8 years 5 months ago #72180 by Sjaak Boer
Replied by Sjaak Boer on topic Remove user from registered group on subscription
Hello,

Sorry to break in on this topic.
Reading this I think I have the same question as Mary.
In my webshop (Hikashop) I have different prices for products for registered users and for members that paid for a subscription. Now when somebody subscribes for a membership plan he will also stay in the registered usergroup. As a result of that the user gets to see both prices for the product. That is confusing and unnecessary. Therefore I need a solution that unsubscribes users from the registered usergroup when they subscribe to a membership usergroup.

Is the plugin you share in this topic the solution I need?

Best regards

Sjaak Boer

More
8 years 5 months ago #72221 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Sjaak

To be honest, I am not sure it works with latest version of Membership Pro. However, you can try. If it doesn't work for any reasons, please submit a support ticket so that we can check and solve it for you

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 5 months ago #72260 by Sjaak Boer
Replied by Sjaak Boer on topic Remove user from registered group on subscription
Thanks, I will try it.
After installing I see one field I can use. Am I reading it correct that I need to fill out the Usergroup ID in that field to exclude a group from a membership?

Sjaak

More
8 years 5 months ago #72290 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Seems you are talking about a different plugin. Please make sure you check the plugin "OS Membership - Joomla Groups plugin"

Seems you are talking about a different plugin because the one we are discussing here doesn't have the parameter you mentioned

Regards,

Tuan