Membership/Contact Database Needs

• Sharon
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 10 months ago #65942 by Sharon
Membership/Contact Database Needs was created by Sharon
Hi Tuan,

This is what we came up with for our membership/database needs. Don't think Membership Pro would handle all this - just the Membership Part. But thought I would run this by you. Maybe I could do something in custom fields? Or maybe another Joomla extension would handle some of this. Anyway here is what our needs are below:

Membership/Contact Database Needs

We currently use an Excel spreadsheet to keep track of all contacts including members, meeting attendees, state contacts, and approximately 12 other groups.

We need a program to do the following:
• Membership program to allow members to join or renew online. Member would input all contact information and have the option to pay with PayPal, credit card or offline with a check.

• We have 6 different membership plans including group memberships. We will need to have the ability to know which members are included in each group. (via membership number or some other method)

• Need the ability to include complimentary memberships which we would add (via import from an Excel spreadsheet)

• Need the ability to assign access to restricted web pages to different groups (members would have access to members only pages on our website, state contacts would have access to states only pages on website, etc.)

• Need the ability to identify different groups of people and export to Excel. The different groups would include:
• meeting attendees (i.e. 2015 winter meeting attendees, 2014 winter meeting attendees, wetlands 2008 attendees, etc.)
• board members
• primary state contacts
• 12 state specialty contact groups such as State Wetland Mapping Contacts, State Mitigation Contacts, etc.

• We currently use MadMimi to send newsletters and emails to different email lists we maintain in MadMimi. It would be great to include an email marketing program and create lists from the same database. We were looking into ACYMailing.

Currently when we receive a change of email for anyone on our contact list, we need to change it on the Excel spreadsheet, in MadMimi and in the user manager in Joomla for access to restricted pages. If we had a Joomla program that could accommodate all of these needs, it would save time manually processing memberships and inputting contact information in numerous places.

Thanks.

Sharon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Karen Laksamana
  • Away
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68675 by Karen Laksamana
Replied by Karen Laksamana on topic Membership/Contact Database Needs
I'm currently setting up a membership database using this component and we have 12 plans, using acymailing and we are assigning each plan to a global acymailing list and a acymailing list specific to each plan. Very easy to do using the plugin provided with Membership Pro. I'm doing everything you are doing and a little more and so far I have been able to accomplish everything I need to do except the ability to export excel from the front end using the membership listing menu item. You can however sort the subscribers anyway you like in the admin side of the site and export to excel.
Last edit: 8 years 8 months ago by Karen Laksamana. Reason: wrong info of excel
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tuan Pham Ngoc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.