A few questions about customization

More
8 years 9 months ago #66070 by kevin
I have a few questions about some customization I would like for Membership Pro.

Before purchasing Membership Pro my site had two types of content; Public and Member (or registered) and access to all my content is being handled properly.

Basically the only logged in users I will have are those who have paid for membership. I've setup Membership Pro to integrate registration in order to enable this. Hopefully this is the correct setting to make sure joomla users are created when a subscription is created. The problem here is that I am using EMAIL as username and therefore want that field to be hidden or omitted. And the only way to have the password field (joomla user creation) show up is to have the above stated registration integration enabled.

I'm actually trying to use membership pro to handle registered users. These users have paid for access and have a registered email and password.

Is this possible? Am I missing something? Should I have purchased Payment Form instead of Membership Pro?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #66080 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic A few questions about customization
Hi Kevin

Membership Pro is correct choice for you. However, the only problem now is that Membership Pro doesn't allow using email as username, so users will have to enter both username and email to sign up for subscription,

I will add support for this feature in the near future. Please allow me 3 more days to add support for this option in the extension

Tuan

More
8 years 9 months ago #66129 by kevin
Replied by kevin on topic A few questions about customization
Awesome yea if you can make it so the username field either; hides, duplicates whatever is in email field (making email the username), turns into an email verification field (second email for validation) or just make that field custom. That would be awesome.

More
8 years 9 months ago #66131 by kevin
I should have put this in the reply above but is there an easy way to edit the HTML/CSS of the form and plan pages?

On my plan page the plan details are in a nice round div box (which I love) but the title has what looks like an HR tag above and below it which really messes up the clean look.

After clicking sign up and getting to the form the checktbox for terms & conditions is on the row below text for said checkbox.

I am not using the bootstrap css on frontend because it messes up other css.

More
8 years 7 months ago #69429 by kevin
Just wondering if you ever got a chance to make the edit for using email as username? If not it is okay.