100% discount coupon code still asked for cc #

• Justin DeBrosse
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #68105 by Justin DeBrosse
100% discount coupon code still asked for cc # was created by Justin DeBrosse
Hey all,

I've set up my site so that agencies can buy user accounts in bulk. When they do so, they receive a coupon code that provides them with a 100% discount for their subscription for each user account. However, some folks have run into an issue where a) they enter the coupon code, the amount due becomes $0 but b) the form still requires a cc number to process the transaction.

Other times, the payment field disappears once the code is entered, which is how it should work. Is there a way to make sure this happens consistently?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68148 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic 100% discount coupon code still asked for cc #
Hi Justin

I don't see any reason it could happens. Do you know how we can see the issue ourself ? Do you know step by step what we need to do to see that issue?

Tuan

More
8 years 8 months ago #68586 by hollister
Replied by hollister on topic 100% discount coupon code still asked for cc #
I am having the same situation, if I give a 100% coupon, the payment option that was selected by default is tried. So I am sent to paypal who says it's invalid. If I select authorize.net and then put my coupon code in I get this error

Your payment for the subscription was failure. Please review the reason below and try again
Reason
The 'AnetApi/xml/v1/schema/AnetApiSchema.xsd:amount' element is invalid - The value '0' is invalid according to its datatype 'Decimal' - The MinInclusive constraint failed.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68593 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic 100% discount coupon code still asked for cc #
Hi

I guess your subscription plan is recurring subscription plan and that's causing the issue. Right now, we could not process 100% coupon discount for recurring subscriptions

The reason is because recurring subscriptions will require payment happen automatically (for example, every months) but with 100% coupon discount, there will be no payment processed/happened.

Right now, 100% coupon discount can only be used for one time subscription. Not recurring subscription

Maybe we should change it so that when someone uses 100% coupon discount, they will get lifetime subscription plan? Will work on it and make it available in about 7 to 10 days from today

Tuan

More
8 years 8 months ago #68639 by hollister
Replied by hollister on topic 100% discount coupon code still asked for cc #
ah, that makes sense, hadn't thought of that. If I have a lesser coupon, does that only apply to the first payment of the subscription or does that apply to the every renewal point of the subscription. so a plan that is normally $10/month, if I added a 50% coupon, would it be $5 every month or just the first month?

More
8 years 8 months ago #68682 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

It will apply to every renewal point of the subscription

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 7 months ago #69256 by Ronnie
I have the same need for a way to provide bulk sign-ups for organizations. I thought the 100% coupon code would be a good solution but I see another issue other than the one the OP has - nothing is keeping users from passing out or reselling the coupon code without the main subscriber knowing. My solution is to use email domain as the restriction, but how should we do this? Here is my idea:

1. Organization buys subscription for a group
2. Organization must enter email domain for group members (example: harvard.edu)
3. Users register with @harvard.edu email address and are automatically added to subscription

This can be used in combination with 100% coupon code. An example would be a Harvard professor tells his students to register at www.website.com using a coupon code the professor gives to the students and using their @harvard.edu email address.

My QUESTION is what would be the best way to make this happen using email domains? This will allow group admin to control the users of their subscription without having to enter by hand every user. Having to manage hundreds of users by hand is too much for group admin.

Sorry to "hi-jack" this thread but I think this goes with the OP question and issue.