UID Number

• Werner
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #68369 by Werner
UID Number was created by Werner
Hi,
in my registration form the UID Number is mandatory and is needed to calculate the VAT.

My problem now is, that the VAT for Austria (is the only country i have) is only when the UID is entered in the correct way (ATU60742557). If the user is just entering 60742557 than the user gets the info, that the UID is not correct, but can proceed with the registration process. As a consequence the user gets an invoice without VAT.

Would it be possible to stop the registration process till the UID is entered in the correct format (ATU60742557)?

Regards,
Werner

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68406 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic UID Number
Hi Werner

I am afraid of it is hard to do that. How to check to see whether the entered VAT number is correct?

Tuan

• Werner
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #68453 by Werner
Replied by Werner on topic UID Number
Hi Tuan,

as far as I can see, there is a check already in place (see screenshot), but currently you can ignore the msg and proceed with the registration process.

I would expect, that it is not possible, to proceed with the registration, if a field is invalid.

Regards,
Werner
Attachments:

More
8 years 8 months ago #68481 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic UID Number
Ah

So it is validated using EU validation rule ? If so, Yes, when the VAT number is invalid, the form should not be allowed to be submitted/processed.

Could you please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that I can check it directly on your site to see what's wrong and get it sorted ?

Regards,

Tuan