Match payment and subscription

• Mark
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #71228 by Mark
Match payment and subscription was created by Mark
There is, it seems to me, nothing in the data stored/shown, or emailed, that absolutely links a payment and a subscription.

If, as has just happened to me, someone subscribes and pays by PayPal with an account entirely unrelated to the account they give in the membership, there appears to be no data shown that links the two things.

The email I get from my website has a transaction id, but it's nothing to do with the PayPal transaction Id. No user name is shown, only the plan subscribed to... Fortunately I caught it quickly enough that it's the only new subscription, but if it wasn't, how would I link the payment to the subscription?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #71328 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Match payment and subscription
This is interesting and for me isn't good news, for our impending launch utilising Membership Pro. We too will need to have automatic linking between the subscription on our site but to the payment of said subscriber.

Otherwise, the admin time taken to have to pretty much manually do this, devalues the whole idea of what subscription/membership systems are all about, for both the end user and the admins.

I will follow your topic with interest and the replies by the mods here.

Regards,

More
8 years 6 months ago #71395 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Match payment and subscription
Hi Mark

That's incorrect to me. The subscription record and the payment is linked by Paypal Transaction ID. However, due to the way Paypal works, the Transaction ID of the subscription record will be related to the Paypal Transaction ID in the Paypal account which receive payment, not the Transaction ID which makes payment. Could you check it again?

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: PhoenixUK

• Mark
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #71516 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic Match payment and subscription
Hi Tuan,

I'm sorry, you are quite right. The transaction id both on the subscription management page and in the email sent about the subscription matches the PayPal transaction id visible at the top right of the email PayPal send.

I think I was looking at the PayPal *email* id, at the bottom of the payment notification email, when I should have been looking at the *transaction* id which is at the top of their email.

Sorry. :sick: