• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #71398 by PhoenixUK
Is this possible... was created by PhoenixUK
Hi there,

I'm yet to implement my Membership Pro (Along with EasyProfile from another supplier) but need to check something with you, that's quite critical to what we need to do from the start.
  • I will be selling services / products that are powered by a third party, therefore we're looking to automate between my start-up and their own systems, as much of the whole purchase and ordering process, right through to them implementing my clients purchases items etc, as soon as my systems send them the relevant client details and then it ends up in their own systems, so the two can communicate to a certain degree where necessary.
  • So, when one of our clients selects to purchase a subscription / membership of the various Services / Packages that we're going to offer, instead of at present I'd have to raise simple hand written / typed Purchase Order that I would have to manually or semi automated via a CRON send them a copy but I'd still have to raise each and every time; we’re both looking to streamline this.

A fellow Joomla user I put the above too, said this;

Of course, if this didn't need to be "on-the-fly" or instant which is what I'm ideally looking for, then it could be possible to write a PHP script that queries our database, collects latest purchases from the dB and then sends it over to the Partner infor e.g. CSV format. Then have a crontask that runs our script every 30 minutes or whatever. Our 3rd Party provider then has a similar "read-in" script that runs when it see's input sent from our end. This way, no API required or additional functionality added to components BUT it's not on the fly and instant

If memory serves me correct Membership Pro has an Integration" API built-in and these guys are again very helpful when I have worked with them in the past, so if needed this may not be as big a task as initially thought if a REST interface is the only way to go.

They have a good plugin system too, which might be a good approach, have them write a plugin for Membership Pro to complete your task. For me, I think I like the idea of a "plugin" to the membership component as a first choice, then a simple script. That way component upgrades are not hindered and plugins can be isolated for troubleshooting if required and can be modified to suit different methods of transferring the data to the 3rd Party.

Therefore, do you have any form of API built-in within Membership Pro whereby when a client of mine on my site, orders a subscription through MembershipPro, once payment has been made the Order details by way of a Purchase Order format, could be automatically sent in a CSV format, to my 3rd party suppliers own backend?

I look forward to your thoughts and position in due course and hopefully something can be worked out to end up with what we need.

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 6 months ago #71468 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Is this possible...
Hi Robert

It is not possible by default. So in this case, you will have to write a custom plugin to handle this. Basically, Membership Pro trigger event onMembershipActive after someone paid for a subscription on your site.

So you can write a Joomla plugin which triggers this event, then sent the data to your 3rd party suppliers in some way (depends on what is the format of the csv file you need to send to them, and how you have to send to time), you will have to write code to handle all of this tasks:

- Generate the data in requested csv format
- Send it to suppliers somehow

I think you will have to have a details requirement, then ask a Joomla developer to write the plugin for you. It should not be hard to complete a plugin like that

Tuan

• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 6 months ago #71510 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Is this possible...
Hi There Tuan,

Now I know that it 'Can' be done and interact with your component etc, happy days. I will design and structure the requirements much deeper now and then start to look for a proficient and competitive Joomla plugin developer.

Thank you, it's much appreciated.

Regards,

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 6 months ago #71520 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Is this possible...
OK Robert. When you have a clear requirement, you can email us as well (services@joomdonation.com) if you want to get quotation from us

Regards,

Tuan