Latest version has bugs and not working properly

• mazyza
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #71694 by mazyza
I have been using Membership for a while and part of the people that indicated need for Group Subscription.
However I recently purchased the latest Membership PRP version 2.0.8 for its improved functionality and affordability.

Unfortunately I have discovered it has bugs as follows:

1) I configured my not to accept taxes. But in the payment module, Tax is charged that added $4 to a payment.

2) I used the Page(Url) Access Restriction. But no matter what I have done, the system shows the pages with a place that says I need to get a get a subscription. I usually don't use this. Because the URL is my main reason of sticking with Membership PRO.

I have attached Files to showcase=> Configuratio with no Tax; Payment with tax accessed and Pal with URLs in a folder or container

I can give access to my website for fixing this as well getting a working executable zip file for my other websites.

Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #71709 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Latest version has bugs and not working properly
Hi

1=> It is not correct. That's used for different purpose. To disable tax, please go to Membership Pro -> Tax rules, unpublish (or delete) all tax rules. After that, the tax issue should be sorted

2=> I don't really understand the issue. So when you access to a restricted URL, what do you see now ? You still see that page without requiring subscription ?

Please give me more information so that I can look at it further. Maybe send us the link to one of the sample page so that I can understand

Tuan

• mazyza
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #71726 by mazyza
Here is the detailed problem:

1) I created payment plans on my website which is spanish1.info/
I created this subscription plan based on my famous(yours) URL option

2) When I am not logged in and I try the restricted area which is in Alphabets, a page shows up that shows the a copy of my back-end page with all my codes for sound(audio). Then below there is a notation that said I am restricted or I should ckick here.

Firstly, I don't like the page to show my internal code showing to the public. I want the page to redirect people to the Subscription Plan Page with the usual message "You are not allowd to access this page. To access to this page....."

Please feel free to access my website at spanish1.info/ to witness what I am saying. I will also be willing to give you credentials to see backend.

Screenshots are attached for page shown without logining in and what it should show instead.
Attachments:

• mazyza
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #71729 by mazyza
Tuan:

I have revisted Membership PRO => Custom Fields and found out that mythe Tax is disabled and showing red. The Core is still showing published like the rest of the fields.

So your assertion that I did not disable the Tax is wrong. Thet Tax is pulling from same form. So when someone says "No" to Tax is should be "No" across the specturum.

Attached is a Screenshot that shows Tax disabled.

Thanks.
Attachments:

More
8 years 6 months ago #71730 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Latest version has bugs and not working properly
We don't have a field for "Tax". The field you mentioned in the screenshot is "Fax", not "Tax".

As I said, please go to Membership Pro -> Tax Rules, remove all tax rules (or unpublished the tax rules) and it will work well

Tuan

• mazyza
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 6 months ago #71731 by mazyza
Tuan:

You're right. I have gone to Tax rules inside Membership PRO and taken away the the $10 default Tax in there. By the way, is that not a form of bug where a default amount of $10 is used instead of a zero( $0) amount?. If I were you, I will just make this correction(fiz) to avoid confusions.

Thanks.

More
8 years 6 months ago #71732 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It is not 10 by default. It is set to 10 because before you upgrade to this latest version, you set the tax rate to 10 (I believe)

You you don't have tax rate setup before, no tax rules will be created when you upgrade to this latest version

For the other problem, please submit a support tickets sending me super admin account of your site so that I can check to see what's wrong (I believe it is something wrong with your setup, the latest version works really well). In case I see something wrong with your setup, I will tell you the reasons. In case It is a bug, I will tell you that it is a bug, too

Tuan

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #72887 by Mark Bogart
Replied by Mark Bogart on topic Latest version has bugs and not working properly
Bug report 2.0.8

The switch In Settings:
Only create user account when membership active/approved
has a very confusing hover explanation.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Mark Bogart.

More
8 years 5 months ago #72913 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Mark

Agree. I used a wrong language item for the tooltip. I am going to check and fix it shortly. Thanks for reporting.

That config option is explained detail in the new documentation membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/getting-started/configuration

Only create user account when membership active/approved: By default, Membership Pro will create an acccount for subscriber right after they complete entering information on subscription form (before the payment is processed). If for some reasons, the payment is failed or the subscriber abandon the payment, the account will remain blocked and he could not use that account again if he decides to sign up again in the future. If you set this config option to Yes, Membership Pro will only create the Joomla account for subscribers when their subscription become active (after completing payment for the subscription or admin approves the subscription), it will solve the issue mentioned above. Based on my experience, I would suggest to set this config option to Yes.

Regards,

Tuan