Group questions

• Luke Douglas
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #72277 by Luke Douglas
Group questions was created by Luke Douglas
I just completed going through all 76 pages of this forum to try and get a feeling on how the groups work.

Here are my needs:
  1. Company purchases a coupon product which is for 'X' number of group members. Coupon number is sequentially generated so no coupon #'s are the same. Coupon is 100% off or, in other words, free. Group members can view content assigned to product group without paying. Sign up, coupon information, and payment confirmation email goes to Company email address..
  2. Company sends coupon to group member.
  3. Group member goes to site and signs up with coupon. Coupon is null and void after use. Sign up confirmation email goes to Group member. Group member cannot see any details of Company activities including sign up, product purchases and payment information.
  4. Group member can now access content available to product ACL group. There is a 60 day time-frame that content can be viewed from date that Group member signs up
  5. After 60 days, the Group member is removed from the group.

Can this be done with Membership Pro? If not, what parts cannot be done in Membership Pro?

Thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Luke Douglas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Luke Douglas
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #72575 by Luke Douglas
Replied by Luke Douglas on topic Group questions
Is anyone monitoring this forum? I really need an answer to my post.

• Luke Douglas
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 9 months ago #84365 by Luke Douglas
Replied by Luke Douglas on topic Group questions
7 months and NO ONE has responded! This is a bad reflection on this particular company that even the tech's don't jump in and check every now and then. I'll look elsewhere. :pinch:

More
7 years 9 months ago #84407 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Group questions
Hi Luke

Actually, I missed your forum topic for some reasons. As you know, we check and reply forum topic on daily basic. For now, I guess you purchased a different product to use but here is the answer to your questions anyway:

1. Actually, group membership in Membership Pro doesn't work like that. In Membership Pro, the group admin will subscribe for the plan, then add members to his group manually. So to be more clear, group members could not register himself, he needs to be added by admin of the group

2. In Membership Pro, Group Members will have same access level with group admin. So as long as group admin still is an active subscriber, all members will still be active

So far, looking at your requirement, I think Membership Pro doesn't meet this requirement very well (and as far as I know, there is no extension support this feature, so you might have to end up building a custom solution / extension for this requirement)

Tuan

More
7 years 9 months ago #84456 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Group questions
Its probably not rocket science for you to find a developer who would create a plugin that creates the coupons. The rest would be possible I think. Personally I wouldn't create 60 custom coupons, I'd create 1 coupon with a use restriction of 60 times.

More
7 years 9 months ago #84510 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Group questions
The problem with that approach is that the members will then sign up as individual member (independent with group admin), he won't be part of the group. I think that't not how Luke wants the system to work

Tuan