Create membership(apparent) bug, but why?

• Mark
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #72810 by Mark
When I create a new membership (in the back end) and try to select a particular user from the modal window that pops up I get the situation shown on the screenshot.
The attached screenshot shows all the information.
This happens when I click on the last name on the screen ("Wendy Fox"), and doesn't happen if I select any of the other names.
I can't see a problem with the html, but the (Chrome) debugger says it's a syntax error.
It might be nice if those fields were displayed with spaces removed, but that's the only thing I can think might be wrong, and it shouldn't be (should it?)
I get the same (non-selection problem) with FireFox.

This seems to be a problem with this user, since searching for "Wendy", not "Fox", brings up a different group, where Wendy Fox is not the last entry, and that account still has the problem!

?
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Mark.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mark
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #72811 by Mark
Ok, I've fixed my problem, but I'd still say it's a bug.

The problem appears to have been that there was an odd character in the user name.

Looking at the code, I suspect you're going to tell me it's a bug with com_user, not OSMembership, is that right?

More
8 years 5 months ago #72840 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Create membership(apparent) bug, but why?
Hi Mark

I think so. What's the username which is having this error ?

I will try to check to see what's causing the error and get it sorted in Membership Pro if it is possible?

Tuan

• Mark
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 5 months ago #72868 by Mark
Hi Tuan,

The source of the problem is that the username field in the users table has a carriage return between the first and the second name. No, I don't know how, it might be an import issue.

The user modal view (from com_user) isn't cleaning names before putting them in the html. The display copes, but when it's in an attribute, it doesn't. :(