Format Members List

• jeannettefh
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #73260 by jeannettefh
Format Members List was created by jeannettefh
What is the best way to format the Members List in an attractive manner? Right now it just displays the information from the Custom Fields in a simple table that I can't even see all of since the table is 100% wide and continues off the page. Do I have to buy another extension? Any recommendations for the simplest, most inexpensive way to do this?

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #73278 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Format Members List
Hi

It is hard to answer this question. We just have that layout in the extension, if you want to have a better layout, you can customize the code to have the layout you want

Or if you have any idea about the layout (for example, there is pages in the internet has the nice layout you want), you can suggest to us so that we can implement it in the extension

For now, to be honest, we focus on membership feature. Display members list in the frontend doesn't have high priority yet, something for the new year

Regards,

Tuan

• jeannettefh
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #73303 by jeannettefh
Replied by jeannettefh on topic Format Members List
Thanks for your response!

It would be great if in future versions you would include a nice layout for member profiles, as it would make it perfect for clubs and other groups that need a directory of people for others in the group to view. A good example of what I need would be the demo of Joomlatag's Member Directory ( demos.joomlatag.com/jtag-membersdirector...hp/members-directory ), which I was considering purchasing, but given some issues that I've had with them, I don't have complete confidence it will work, plus I need the subscription element that your extension provides. If you could implement something like this that would be great, otherwise I will get some other help in modifying the code.

Best regards,

Jeannette

More
8 years 4 months ago #73353 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Jeannette

I must be honest that this is a nice feature and I am going to add support for it in Membership Pro. However, I don't think we can have it ready before the end of January, so if you are in rush, maybe you will need to find someone to modify code to add support for the features for you

Regards,

Tuan

• jeannettefh
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 4 months ago #73989 by jeannettefh
Replied by jeannettefh on topic Format Members List
Hi Tuan,

That's great that you will add support for that!! Too bad it can't be done sooner, but I am getting some help with it as we speak, although currently not sure how to add a field that will allow users (members) to add a photo of themselves to their profile, so if you have a quick fix or some advice on how to do that, I would much appreciate it. :-)

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Jeannette

More
8 years 4 months ago #74311 by Michael Sheward
Replied by Michael Sheward on topic Format Members List
I agree that this is a highly sought feature for the software. I'm hoping it will be added sooner than later, but in the meantime does anyone have any advice about customizing the format for this layout? Which files I should be accessing?

More
8 years 4 months ago #74313 by Brian Lisle
Replied by Brian Lisle on topic Format Members List
Have you tried integrating with Community Builder? They have nice list layouts and for our club members (which is a Joomla user group that is set upon membership) all I do is have the CB list filter by that group. Easy, pretty and works well. You could also have multiple lists, like a list of all registered website members and a list of just club members. Easy peasy.

More
8 years 4 months ago #74331 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Brian

If it is OK, could you please send me a screenshot of the members list is being displayed on your site? I am going to focus working on this improvement for Membership Pro from next week, and it would be nice to have some ideas about how the page should look like

Tuan

More
8 years 4 months ago #74343 by Brian Lisle
Replied by Brian Lisle on topic Format Members List
Here is a screenshot - it is a standard Community Builder list, the one that installs with the package by default. (With a slight modification on which website users are shown - in my case, only the Joomla groups that are club members.) Clicking on the name opens up the user profile, if it is yourself, you can edit your info, if it is another user, there is capability to email them through the website as a blind email. (You wouldn't get their email info unless that user replied via email.)
While it is a good idea to add that function to your component, I am not sure that is really needed as CB does it already, so it might be more of a "re-inventing the wheel" sort of activity. That being said, for those that have not implemented CB on their website, it would be a great addition to your component.
Hope this helps, let me know if there is anything else I can assist with!
Attachments:

More
8 years 5 days ago #81316 by Daniel
Replied by Daniel on topic Format Members List
I see that there was an update of the Members List Columns Layout already.
However the "member list" only shows avatar, plan, and start date. But cannot see the most important information such as the name, organization, address, etc.. And I could not find the settings to make them show.

In the "Members List Columns Layout" I see the names but cannot put address or other fields. Is it possible to change it somewhere or we need to modify the code for that?

Thanks