I don't want clients having 2register 4two things?

• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #73531 by PhoenixUK
Hi There,

I'm currently using the latest Joomla version, EasyProfile and your MembershipPro.

I have got my EasyProfile pretty much setup now and running well with my Joomla, having created a dummy account I have logged in to this dummy account on my site and then after setting up a subscription plan etc, to test it out further; I've come up against a possible problem for me.

If I select the 'Sign up' button at the bottom of the plans listing, it takes me to your own membership pro registration requirement fields.

As seen in this below screenshot;

However, I need to have my clients to sign-up for a free account on my site in the first place that isn't automatically activated, as I have to pre-qualify them first and then activate their account thereafter. Then once they have their standard FREE account with my site, their membership privileges are to be able to order any of the various subscription based services that we will offer them.

So as you can see, they only need to sign up the once but currently it's setup somehow as to sign up for the main joomla account which would be expected (as evidenced with the signed in account in #1 of the screenshot) and this is fine but when they select 'sign up' for a subscription service, they're asked very similar registration details a second time (as evidenced in #2 of the screenshot)... this does not give a good flow for the user... can this be done any other way please?

I look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Regards,
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by PhoenixUK. Reason: added screenshot to help understand my problem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #73536 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic I don't want clients having 2register 4two things?
Hi

As the way Membership Pro designed to work, each plan can have it own set of custom fields (different custom fields), so I am not sure we have a solution for the problem

Maybe you can edit the custom field you want to hide from this form, and only select it for the free plan ?

Please note that when users sign up for a subscription plan, if they signed up before, the data from his profile will be used to fill-in the fields on subscription form automatically so that he won't have to enter the information again. Don't know why the form in the image has empty data when you sign up for the plan ?

Tuan

• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 4 months ago #73553 by PhoenixUK

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hi

As the way Membership Pro designed to work, each plan can have it own set of custom fields (different custom fields), so I am not sure we have a solution for the problem

Maybe you can edit the custom field you want to hide from this form, and only select it for the free plan ?

Please note that when users sign up for a subscription plan, if they signed up before, the data from his profile will be used to fill-in the fields on subscription form automatically so that he won't have to enter the information again. Don't know why the form in the image has empty data when you sign up for the plan ?

Tuan

Tuan,

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. So are you saying that really, I need to create a FREE plan that would be offered at first point of registration of my site visitors - of which instead of using the EasyProfile custom fields for my registration, I would instead offer the MembershipPro feature and add the custom fields I currently use in EasyProfile, to my MembershipPro component and do it this way?

Then, when they sign up for the free membership account - they can either select to upgrade straight away to a paid for account (services) or once they're logged in to their free level account, they can upgrade at that later date?

Just trying to get a feel for how I'm going to play the whole client registration process, as I know EasyProfile utilises the vanilla joomla registration system, whilst giving the ability to set your own custom registration fields, which I definitely need the ability to set custom registration fields to capture the relevant to my business data.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,