Is it possible for expired subscriber to upgrade?

• Geoff Nadin
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #74337 by Geoff Nadin
I'm using User Profile for subscription renewal because it gives subscribers the options to update their details, renew their subscription and also change plan. Problem is that if the subscription has expired before the subscriber logs in (happens all the time) the 'Upgrade Plan' option is not available. This seems completely illogical because you would first have to renew and pay for a year at your 'old' rate and then, because you are now 'active', login again, change your membership type and pay the full year again at the rate for the new plan. Have I missed something?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #74451 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Is it possible for expired subscriber to upgrade?
Hi Geoff

At the moment, if the subscription is expired, users could not upgrade their membership from one plan to a different plan on the user profile. In this case, they will have to subscribe to the plan he wants (new subscription) from the page where your subscription plans are being displayed

Regards.

Tuan

More
8 years 3 months ago #74476 by PhoenixUK
Tuan and Geoff,

As I'm interested in this thread and it's content, I hope it's ok to add my thought here and that Geoff doesn't mind either?

If we say for e.g. there's 2 plans created, one totally free which is actually the joomla access level a newly registered user is placed in to upon registration; this we will call for this example as Plan A. This is also set to a lifetime subscription. (Unless it is banned / blocked by site owner etc)

They then, are able to choose Plan B which is a paid for subscription and runs for 12 months. However, at the end of the 12 months said client / user doesn't renew their PAID subscription and in the subscription plans "Joomla Group Settings" tab of the paid plan there's 3 sections 'Assign to Joomla Groups", "Assign to Joomla Groups when Subscription Expired" and "Remove from Joomla Groups".

If we look at the "Assign to Joomla Groups when subscription expired" it says that it's for "Choose the Joomla Groups you want to assign subscribers to when their subscription for this plan is expired".

Therefore, couldn't this be where an up to that point paying subscriber of Plan B, who doesn't renew is then "demoted" to the "lifetime free subscription plan B" at this point. This in effect keeps them in a "live subscription plan" within the system; albeit it at a base free one and then can't the "Upgrade" element that Geoff is talking of, be offered to Plan B or any further created plans?

Maybe I'm reading it wrong but isn't the above already available if setup in the way I detail above? If it isn't, I can't imagine it being difficult for you to add to the extension, as it seems the majority is already there.

Just thought I'd share my thoughts and I hope both of you don't mind.

Regards,

• Geoff Nadin
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #74578 by Geoff Nadin
Replied by Geoff Nadin on topic Is it possible for expired subscriber to upgrade?
OK Tuan, I guess we'll have to live with it and maybe manage these kind of upgrades via the backend.

Thanks
Geoff