Anchor Plans renewal to anniversary date

• Geoff Nadin
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #74580 by Geoff Nadin
Anchor Plans renewal to anniversary date was created by Geoff Nadin
All our plans are 1 year duration but subscribers can join any day, which means their renewal date will be 365 days after the day they join. However, if they renew before the final day their new start date is the renewal date and their end date is 365 days after that. Conversely if they renew late their new end date will be 365 days after that renewal date. This means that a) subscribers who renew early are penalised by losing the number of 'early' days in the new period (effectively they are paying twice for those days) and b) subscribers who renew late are gaining 'free' days equal to the number of days they are late. Couldn't we have a plan setting that anchors the start date of renewal to the original date started (effectively Date Created)? That way all future renewals for a subscriber would cover the same period, regardless of the actual renewal date.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #74616 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Anchor Plans renewal to anniversary date
Unless there is something special with your plan setting (maybe you are having fixed expiration date with that plan), the description you are showing here is not the way the extension is designed to work. The idea is that the subscribers won't lose any days in their subscription

1. If they renew before their subscription expired, the start date of their subscription will be end date of the previous subscription + 1 day and subscription end date is 365 days from the start date

2. If they renew after their subscription expired, the start date of new record will be the date they renewed, and end date is 365 days from that start date

That's how the extension is designed to work, so the way you explained is really confusing to me. Do you have a step by step what I need to do to see the error like you said?

Tuan

• Geoff Nadin
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #74668 by Geoff Nadin
Replied by Geoff Nadin on topic Anchor Plans renewal to anniversary date
OK, I must have misunderstood the settings, Tuan. It's fine for subscribers who renew early (that's what we want) but I'd still like to see subscribers who renew after their subscription has expired not start from the date they renewed. If they figure out that they can delay renewing and get some days or even weeks 'for free' then why would they renew before the subscription expires? I guess the way round this for us would be to add a 'joining fee' to new memberships so that if subscribers renew after subscriptions expire they pay a penalty by being treated like a new joiner. What do you think?

More
8 years 3 months ago #74704 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Anchor Plans renewal to anniversary date
Hi Geoff

What's the problem if he renews his membership late ? If he renew late, his previous membership was already expired, and he won't be allowed to access to restricted resources anymore unless you setup the restriction wrong

So to understand your actual problem, please let me know what's the problem if he renew membership late?

Tuan