Variable Payment Amounts/Variable Payment Schedule

• Michael Sheward
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #74823 by Michael Sheward
This may be outside the design criteria for Membership Pro, but I'm curious if it would be hard to accomplish this particular task nonetheless. I have a members list currently, but there is another category we are creating for sponsors. Is it difficult to set up a "plan" of sorts that can accept a variable amount of money and a variable renewal schedule, both of which determined by the actual end user who would be signing up as a sponsor?

These particular "members" aren't actually getting privileged access to anything and are in essence offering a contribution as a donation. The interface needs to give the sponsors the ability to determine how much they want to donate and even select their own recurring donation schedule, or no recurring schedule, if possible.

I appreciate any suggestions, ideas, or feedback.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Michael Sheward
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #74959 by Michael Sheward
Replied by Michael Sheward on topic Variable Payment Amounts/Variable Payment Schedule
Just bumping this thread to see if anyone has any suggestions, or can at least tell me that I'm going the wrong direction and that this task isn't really suited for MembershipPro

More
8 years 3 months ago #74996 by Boris Ulcar
Replied by Boris Ulcar on topic Variable Payment Amounts/Variable Payment Schedule
I have the same need.
In my case, the subscription amount is based on the number of locations a member owns. Basically I would like to have a minimum default amount and allow user to override the amount.

I hope that this can be accommodated. Should be easy to implement.

THanks

More
8 years 3 months ago #75019 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Variable Payment Amounts/Variable Payment Schedule
Hi

I am sorry, I missed the post. If I understand your requirement correctly, I think you can create a subscription plan with the price 0. Then create a Textbox custom fee field to allow choose the amount they want to pay for the subscription and that should solve the issue you are having

Please see membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...ox-custom-field-type to see how to create a Textbox custom fee field which can be used for this requirement

Tuan

More
8 years 3 months ago #75041 by Boris Ulcar
Replied by Boris Ulcar on topic Variable Payment Amounts/Variable Payment Schedule
Thanks for the reply.

That is one solution, but then we cannot use that amount to pass to Paypal.

What we are after is a option to have the subscriber override or add their own amount. What you could do is put in a switch in the plan setup to allow editable amount. Then that amount will be passed onto Paypal for billing and renewals.

Hope that is clearer and understandable.

• Michael Sheward
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #75051 by Michael Sheward
Replied by Michael Sheward on topic Variable Payment Amounts/Variable Payment Schedule
I'll try this method out and see if I can get it to do what I'm trying to accomplish.