Paypal Express checkout

• LukSkywalker
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #74965 by LukSkywalker
Paypal Express checkout was created by LukSkywalker
Hi Tuan,

I wonder if you plan to develop a Paypal Express checkout plugin for Membership Pro. I'm planning to accept credit cards payments and the standar plugin doesn't allow this option. Authorize.net and other plataforms are not an option for me.
It would be a pity to change to another product; I'm really happy with Membership Pro, but I need to accept credit cards.

Regards,
Jose

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #75023 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Paypal Express checkout
Hi Jose

I am going to add support for Paypal Express checkout in the future. However, it will take time to develop the payment plugin as I have to work on other features in the same time, too. My estimation is that it will take us about 6 weeks to have the plugin available

However, I can tell you that if you use Paypal Standard payment plugin, it should enable customers to make payment using credit card when they are being redirected to PayPal, too. There are some requirements which you can see it on this page www.paypal-community.com/t5/How-to-use-P...pal-users/td-p/35817

Usually, you will need to :

1. Turn of Paypal Account Optional option

2. Clear cookie before trying to make payment (as if PayPal knows that you have Paypal account, they will disable credit card payment option)

Hope you can keep staying with the product as I think Membership Pro is quite good now and I am still working hard to improve it

Tuan

• LukSkywalker
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #75045 by LukSkywalker
Replied by LukSkywalker on topic Paypal Express checkout
Hi Tuan,

Thank you for your reply!

Fantastic! I will wait for your plugin, because I have been talking with Paypal and currently there is no way to accept credit cards without the Express checkout.

Regards,
Jose

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #75386 by Peter Kuhlmann
Replied by Peter Kuhlmann on topic Paypal Express checkout
I am a lil bit confused about the paypal standard payment story above!
My system runs with standard Paypal plugin and the payment shows always 2 possibilities >
1.) Pay with Paypal
2.) Pay with Creditcard

I think you dont need a "Paypal express checkout plugin" to pay with creditcard!

PS: We have a business account with Paypal

But for what is your plugin > MP Paypal Pro? PLease explain!
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Peter Kuhlmann.

• LukSkywalker
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #75387 by LukSkywalker
Hi Peter,

Yes, Paypal always shows the option to pay with a credit card, but if purchase comes from a different country you have to create a Paypal account to do it.
This is what's happening when an user located outside my country tries to pay with a credit card:

It's in Dutch, but there is no option to pay without registering in Paypal.

Some people don't want to create a Paypal account to pay or Paypal is not allowed in his country, so this is why the Express Checkout is needed to pay with a credit card and without a Paypal account.

At least, this is the explanation Paypal gave me some days ago.

Regards,
Jose
Attachments:
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by LukSkywalker.

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #75388 by Peter Kuhlmann
Hi Jose, yes youre right!
We are based in Germany and if a user comes from Germany too, he/she must create a paypal account to pay with CC.
But youre sure it depends on "paypal express checkout"? I thought always it depends on which country the users come from!
Thanks for clearfication, we are always learning!

PS: After re-reading some Paypal dev blogs I can resume: Paypal express checkout has nothing todo with the CC payment. The CC payment depends always on the purchasers country. We are using another "digital product delivery" system with Paypal express checkout and here are the payment options the same.
What's the Difference Between PayPal Express Checkout and Website Payments Standard?
www.coffeecup.com/help/articles/whats-th...e-payments-standard/

If you want a native CC card payment you should use Stripe. We made good expierences with them.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Peter Kuhlmann.

• LukSkywalker
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #75390 by LukSkywalker
You're welcome Peter!

Yes, we need the express checkout method to accept credit cards; at least this is what Paypal's support told me.
I also thought I was able to receive payments with CC, but some customers of mine were unable to do it. I did some tests and I was surprised when I realized that it was not able to do so!

Regards,
Jose

More
8 years 3 months ago #75391 by Peter Kuhlmann

Yes, we need the express checkout method to accept credit cards; at least this is what Paypal's support told me.

Sorry Jose, I dont think so!
Every user can pay with CC, but some users, depends on their country, must register a paypal account to pay with CC.

• LukSkywalker
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #75393 by LukSkywalker
Yes, yes. I'm always talking without registering in Paypal. Obviously, we can receive payments through CC if the user registers in Paypal.

Regards,
Jose

More
8 years 3 months ago #75422 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Paypal Express checkout
Normally, users should be allowed to pay by credit card when they are being redirected to PayPal. If you don't see that option, you should contact PayPal and ask them about it. I don't see a clear document from them when credit card payment is enabled/disabled

In the last few days, there was a customer mentioned that after he contacted PayPal, PayPal asks him to upgrade to an enhanced account (don't know what it is) and then credit card payment is available....

Tuan