order pending because 'state' is missing

• Sjaak Boer
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #75189 by Sjaak Boer
order pending because 'state' is missing was created by Sjaak Boer
Hi,

Today I got an email from a client that he was not able to finish his order because he could not choose a 'State' in the orderform. The client resides in Austria and in Membership Pro there are no states entered for Austria. In the orderform however the 'State'-field is mandatory. As a result of this clients cannot finish their order.

Looking further in my orderlist I see more pending orders. All from clients living in countries that have no list of States filled out in Membership Pro. I was always wondering why I had pending orders. Now I know.

So I need a solution to make the 'States' field NOT mandatory in the orderform. Or all countries should have a correct 'States' list. As it is now I am missing orders because of this.

A solution is needed fast.

Thank you

Best regards

Sjaak Boer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sjaak Boer
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #75194 by Sjaak Boer
Replied by Sjaak Boer on topic order pending because 'state' is missing
Hi,

After some searching I found the solution. in SetUp/Custom Field it is possible to set whether a field is 'required' in the orderform or not.
When I started with Membership Pro I did not change any of those settings. I assumed they where set to fit most needs.

Membership Pro appears to come with the field 'State' set as 'required'. This is not very logical since the list of states by default is not available for every country in Membership Pro.

Therefore I ask the developer to have the field 'State' set to not required by default. I post this so other users will benefit from this hint.
New Users; If you ever have pending orders then have a look if the 'states' field is set correct. Not every client will notify you that they where not able to finish their order.

Best regards

Sjaak Boer

More
8 years 3 months ago #75242 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic order pending because 'state' is missing
Hi Sjaak

1. The states in Membership Pro can be defined yourself. You can go to Membership Pro -> Setup -> States to add new states for your country

2.. It is a required field. However, when there is no state for a selected country, the system won't require that field anymore. You can see the pending orders, so that means the form could be submitted. So the pending orders must causes by different issues. I think subscribers abandon the payment. You can try to contact one of these pending orders owner to ask about it to be sure

3. You can change the state field to a Text field so that users can enter any text into that field if needed

Regards,

Tuan