Possible Recurring Direct Debit Payment Plugin?

• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #75268 by PhoenixUK
Hi Tuan,

I have read some other threads that have been asking about recurring payments with 'offline payment' but I have a further question for you.

For e.g. this payment company GoCardless offer their Direct Debit payment system via RESTful API, which surely this would mean it's actually not classed as an offline payment and indeed online, as it's via an API and the most modern RESTful at that?

gocardless.com/features/api/

They also offer a Pro API as they have two levels of payment product;

gocardless.com/features/

GoCardless is for anyone who wants to take payments directly from the bank account of customers in the UK, the Eurozone and Sweden. It's particularly suited for B2B (business-to-business) and recurring payments.

I desperately need this payment choice, as an additional option to my card payment processor. This is because for my target market ONLY been charities and they almost always prefer to pay by Direct Debit here in the UK but I also need to balance that with keeping as much automation in my overall membership subscription system as possible, including recurring payments (which the above allow recurring direct debit by the seems of it) and also the invoicing with Membership Pro.

I really need to hear back from you on all of the above points please ASAP, it would be very much appreciated indeed.

Regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #75342 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Possible Recurring Direct Debit Payment Plugin?
Hi

I am sorry to say that we won't have recurring payment support for gocardless.com in near future, I don't have enough time to develop recurring payment support for that payment gateway

You can expect to have onetime subscription feature with gocardless in the future (in the next 2 weeks or so), but for recurring payment, it is hard to add support for, so I won't focus working on it for you.

Right now, only the following payment plugins support recurring payment:

1. PayPal

2. Authorize.net

3. Paypal Pro

4. Stripe

The next one would be 2Checkout...

Tuan

More
8 years 3 months ago #75343 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Possible Recurring Direct Debit Payment Plugin?
If you need recurring payment with gocardless, I think you will need to find and hire a developer to build the payment plugin for you

Regards,

Tuan

• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #75371 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Possible Recurring Direct Debit Payment Plugin?

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hi

I am sorry to say that we won't have recurring payment support for gocardless.com in near future, I don't have enough time to develop recurring payment support for that payment gateway

You can expect to have onetime subscription feature with gocardless in the future (in the next 2 weeks or so), but for recurring payment, it is hard to add support for, so I won't focus working on it for you.

Right now, only the following payment plugins support recurring payment:

1. PayPal

2. Authorize.net

3. Paypal Pro

4. Stripe

The next one would be 2Checkout...

Tuan

Hi Tuan,

That's a pity as Direct Debit is HUGE here in the UK as a payment option, hence why GoCardless is a fast growing payment processing provider. Thanks for the up to date list above though.

I'm about to buy your Stripe plugin, as I found Stripe's fee's are flat rate of 1.4% compared to paypals initial starting fee of 3.4% - Stripe's a no brainer in this effect and it's a provider you already have built in to your Membership Pro system via the Stripe Plugin once bought.

Regards,

• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #75372 by PhoenixUK

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: If you need recurring payment with gocardless, I think you will need to find and hire a developer to build the payment plugin for you

Regards,

Tuan

Tuan,

Can you tell me if you have a section of your site, whilst I can't see anything you may do - where there's known and trusted developers who know your components, such as MembershipPro and they could be approached to submit me a quote for a GoCardless Direct Debit Plugin for MembershipPro?

Are any other specially UK MembershipPro users here interested in joining me in a 'Class Development' whereby we all split the plugins development equally and all get the use of it at that same time, providing you want or need to offer Direct Debit via GoCardless as an extra payment option that is?

Regards,

• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #75463 by PhoenixUK

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: If you need recurring payment with gocardless, I think you will need to find and hire a developer to build the payment plugin for you

Regards,

Tuan

Hi Tuan,

May I ask, you've released a great new update 2.2.0 today and it says in the list of additional features, that there's GoCardless payment plugin now available - is this correct lol? If so, WOW I feel like I've won a lottery, as you said only the other day it wasn't something you'd be able to do for now.

Finally, if it is indeed not just a dream for me haha - there's two versions of GoCardless and GoCardless Pro... does your payment plugin work for both their products?

Once I know the above, I can purchase the payment plugin :)

Regards