Prevent automatic renewal emails

• Roger Morley
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #75360 by Roger Morley
Prevent automatic renewal emails was created by Roger Morley
Hi

Some of our members pay our charity by direct debit. When the bank statements are passed to me at the end of the month I update the membership dates. Is there a way to prevent an email being triggered to these members when I change their status to active from expired please?

This currently causes a problem because when I change a subscription to active, it automatically adds on 365 days to the current date and sends the email which confuses members. In the majority of cases I see their off-line payment late so their membership should have renewed before this time.

Thank you very much for your help!
Roger

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #75397 by Geoff Nadin
Replied by Geoff Nadin on topic Prevent automatic renewal emails
I don't know how to solve the problem of automatic email notices but I think I found a way to adjust the subscription period start date. Try changing 'Created Date' to the date on which the payment was actually made. This should anchor the subscription start date. Just changing the start date doesn't seem to work.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roger Morley

More
8 years 3 months ago #75418 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Prevent automatic renewal emails
You can update to new version 2.2.0 which I will release later today (or on tomorrow) and the issue won't happen again. Basically, the system will only send email.change the date if you change the status from Pending to Active, not from Expired to Active

Also, there is an easier way to renew membership for a subscription. You can just have to click on the subscription record you want to renew, then press "Renew Subscription" button in the toolbar and it should work OK

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roger Morley