Plan lengths, logical flaw

• Mark
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 3 months ago #75981 by Mark
Plan lengths, logical flaw was created by Mark
When I set up plans "1 year" long, I think it is a mistake to make them end on the same day as they started a year ago, for example if someone subscribes to the yearly plan on the 5th of February this year, it expires on the 5th of February next year. That isn't a year, that's a year and a day.

Now, I know the code makes allowance for this, but it is creating another problem which hasn't been coded out, and then that's two fixes instead of doing it right once, in my (rarely humble) opinion.

What I mean is if, before the subscription expires, the person renews their subscription offline and I then use the (otherwise marvellous!) "Renew Subscription" button in the back end, the new subscription now starts a day later (6th of February in the example above). This can cause problems when there are date specific functions to be carried out, for instance sending things to active subscribers.

Would you consider subtracting one from the duration of these types of plans (I'd guess it's the same for monthlies, and perhaps even weeklies) to make things more right?

M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #76103 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Plan lengths, logical flaw
Hi Mark

I see your point. But is it really needed? I will leave this topic open here, so far, seems there are no other customers care about it

If there are other customers need it, I will consider working on the change to the core download package. For now, if it is OK, I will leave it as how it is

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.