Fields Propagation

• Elliot Block
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago #76033 by Elliot Block
Fields Propagation was created by Elliot Block
Hello Tuan,

I was wondering if the following feature could be added to Membership Pro, or if it is already a part of the package and I have missed it.

Let's say that I have a membership plan which is a year long plan and has renewals enabled. Let's also say that I have configured my Membership Pro settings so that the user is able to renew a membership 1000 days before it expires.

So with these settings in mind, a user goes to our site and becomes a member today. Instead of "pre paying" for more years of membership (since there is not yet a feature for that), he instead elects to renew his membership twice.

So he now has a total of three membership records. The first record will expire one year from today. During that time, if the user makes any changes to his profile, the changes will not be propagated to the other membership records. So when the second record becomes active, the user will have lost the changes that were made to the first record, the same applies to the third record.

Could a change be implemented so that if the member did adjust their profile / custom fields, the data would be propagated to the later records? I should emphasize that this should NOT work in the reverse way (i.e. changing data from the third record should not propagate to the first record)

Another note: on our site we are not able to use simlize because we want to keep historical information about our members and their membership information.

Thanks,
Elliot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.