Profile after renewal

• Elliot Block
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #76493 by Elliot Block
Profile after renewal was created by Elliot Block
Hi Tuan,

We are going through renewals now on our site (we have a fixed end date for our subscriptions). We are not using the synchronize data feature or the simlize plugin.

In our case right now, our memberships are set up to expire on 3/15/16. Therefore the members that are processing renewals right now have about a month before their new membership records become active. When they go through the renewal process, they re-enter their profile information. But if that same user logs in and tries to modify their profile after submitting their renewal, because they still have about a month before their new membership record becomes active (with the profile information from the renewal), they are viewing data from their current subscription record, not the renewed one and they believe that the profile data that they submitted in the renewal has not been submitted properly.

My rambling thoughts as to how to remedy this problem:

Preferred:
Add a dropdown menu on the profile page that lets the subscriber pick which of their 'Active' subscription records that they want to modify. Default to the subscription record with the latest end date. Do not allow that subscriber to edit 'Expired' records -- perhaps make these expired records read only!

Another option:
Have two options for the synchronize data option:
  • Option 1: Synchronize all membership records (past, present, and future) for this subscriber. This is how the synchronization feature works now if I recall correctly.
  • Option 2: Synchronize active and future membership records (bidirectional, i.e. if the future membership record is modified (as in the case of the renewal), also modify the current record and vice versa) for this subscriber. This would be useful because it allows a user of your product to retain expired records that are not changed over time.

Please let me know your thoughts Tuan.

Thanks,
Elliot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.