Questions: Integration with JomSocial

More
8 years 2 months ago #76628 by Marty
I have 2 questions about Membership Pro integration with JomSocial component:

1. I would like to use subscription feature for "male" users only. Is there a way I can configure the custom fields feature in Membership Pro so that only if a user selects "male" they will be directed to subscription? (maybe using custom field fee feature, but how would I assign fee to "male" selection only?)

2. Is there a way I could include/exclude certain features of JomSocial (i.e. Photos, Videos, Events, etc.) in subscriptions? (example: have a different subscription/fee if user wants to post photos, etc.)

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #76638 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Questions: Integration with JomSocial
Hi Marty

1=> You mean on subscription form, users can choose Male or Female, but you will only charge fee for users choose Male ? For users choose Female, the fee will be free ?

2=> To be honest, I don't understand how Jomsocial works, so I could not know if it is possible. If Jomsocial has a way to handle it using Joomla core ACL, then I think it should be possible. Basically, you can config Membership Pro so that when subscribers sign up, they will be assigned to certain Joomla group you want, then config Jomsocial to only allow users from that group to access to the features. See how to integrate Membership Pro with Joomla groups membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/joomla-groups-integration

Tuan

More
8 years 2 months ago #76641 by Marty
Replied by Marty on topic Questions: Integration with JomSocial
Regarding 1=> : yes, that's correct, is it possible?

(Regarding 2=> : Thank you, I will explore that)

More
8 years 2 months ago #76658 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Questions: Integration with JomSocial
For #1, I think you can use custom fee field feature to handle it. A radio custom fee field should work. please read the documentation at membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/basic-...wn-custom-field-type

The Fee value for Male option should be 0 and the Fee Value for Female should be a negative value. For example, if the plan price is 100$, the the fee value for Female option will need to be -100 (so that total price Female has to pay will be 0)

Tuan