How to Backup and Restore Recurring Subscribers?

More
8 years 2 months ago #77006 by cyrix
Recently, I made some improvements to my site locally, and I would like to upload it to the server, replacing the current site online. However, the information of the subscribers is stored on the current site online.

Is there a way to backup all subscriber information before I delete the old site, and import it back after I upload the new site?

Please note that most of my subscribers are using Paypal recurring payment method.
I heard that recurring payments use component-specific payment notification URLs for Paypal. Importing recurring subscriptions will lead to customers being charged but their subscriptions not renewing.

Is that true? If that's case, how can I move my recurring subscriber information to the updated site?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #77065 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to Backup and Restore Recurring Subscribers?
Hi cyrix

I am afraid of it is hard. The reason is because if you want to backup, you will need to backup both Membership Pro database (this is easy, just backup all the tables with _osmembership_ prefix).

But you will also have to backup all Joomla core users database. I don't know exactly what tables need to be backed up, maybe you can try to do some google search to see what tables needs to be backed up?

If you want, you can give us access to phpmyadmin of your site database so that I can ask my dev perform a backup of necessary table (related to Membership Pro database + users database for you).

Tuan

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #77089 by cyrix
Tuan,

If all the extensions are the same between the old site and new site, would this case be simpler?
Say I just want to roll my site back to an earlier backup, which had the same extensions. The only difference are the new subscribers and articles.

Can I backup ALL database, and restore all of them to the new site (so that I don't miss any)?
If that's possible, how to write that SQL command? Or is there a better way to restore in this case?

Thanks.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by cyrix.