403 Error / Allow User Registration

• Steve Baxter
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #77398 by Steve Baxter
403 Error / Allow User Registration was created by Steve Baxter
Hello. I have installed and configured Membership Pro so that when users subscribe to a plan they are created in Joomla and get an email requiring them to click on a link.

When the email link is clicked an HTTP error 403 is reported - from searching this forum I understand that this is because the Joomla setting 'Allow User Registration' is turned off.

I can turn this on but this then also adds an option to the Joomla Logon dialog 'Don't have an account?' to allow them to register on Joomla. Is there a way of using subscribing to a Membership Pro subscription as the only way to register on the site and create the Joomla user and still have the email confirmation work?

Otherwise are my options to turn off the email confirmation or make registration a two step process 1: Register on Joomla 2: :Log on to Joomla and purchase a plan subscription.

I hope this makes sense !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Steve Baxter
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #77404 by Steve Baxter
Replied by Steve Baxter on topic 403 Error / Allow User Registration
Ok - I found the OS Membership Registration Redirect - note to self, read the manual :-)

Now if I click on the email link the site responds but is not activating the user account - I guess this is a Joomla issue now....

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #77451 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic 403 Error / Allow User Registration
Hi Steve

That's strange. The account should be activated after you click on activation link. Could you send me the link to that page so that I can check it?

Also, please check and make sure that you don' set Auto Login config option in Membership Pro to Yes. If you set that config option to Yes, Membership Pro will log you in automatically after you completed payment for the subscription. So at that time (you are already logged in), if you click on activation link, Joomla won't activate the account because you logged in already. If so, you will need to set that config option back to No

Tuan

• Steve Baxter
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #77495 by Steve Baxter
Thanks for the reply - I checked and 'Auto Logon' was turned on as you suspected.

I have turned if off and clicking on the link now results in a website message confirming activation was successful. The newly enrolled user can log on and access subscriber resources on the site.

I have some new glitches - new subscripton is showing as pending (previously this was showing active once the paypay (sandbox) payment went through. The system generated member number is wrong (PHN0 when prefix is PHN and start value is set to 1000) and Invoice number is blank. I've not received the subscription confirmation email (as opposed to the Joomla account activation which came through immediately) so am wondering if I am just being impatient?

Happy to give you access to the site to have a look if needed - is there a secure way of sending you credentials?

• Steve Baxter
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #77508 by Steve Baxter
Just to confirm the above - the subscriptions are being created as 'pending', the Joomla account is being created, the Joomla account email link is activating the account but I'm not getting the subscription email (with invoice pdf attached) and the subscription status is not changing to active, no invoice number and incorrect membership number. Any help appreciated :-)

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #77531 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Steve

Access to joomdonation.com/support-tickets.html , submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site. I am going to check to see what's causing that issue/error and get it sorted for you

Regards,

Tuan

• Steve Baxter
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #77547 by Steve Baxter
Done - and thank you Tuan.

• Steve Baxter
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #77548 by Steve Baxter
....while you are logged in could you look at the page formatting (eg logon screen has odd spaceing/bullet points on it!) - I think there is an issue with my Artisteer Template/Bootstrap within Membership Pro (and other add-ons) - I'd appreciate your advice on how to resolve it.

• Steve Baxter
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #77550 by Steve Baxter
Update: Some 10 hours after the subscription was enterered the system sent the Subscription confirmation email and set the subscription status to Active. So the problem here is the delay rather than it not working at all? The membership issues still remains but the subscription now has a valid invoice number.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Steve Baxter.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #77556 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Please see my response via support ticket. Seems PayPal IPN message was delayed for that transaction for some reasons

You forgot to publish some plugins. I updated your site to latest version, publish necessary plugins and it should be OK now. Please try to sign up again so that we can check it further

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve Baxter