Problems with PayPal sandbox or Membership Pro?

• Alan Henness
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #77492 by Alan Henness
I started to see this last night when I was testing and wondered if it was a temporary PayPal sandbox glitch, but it's still the same over 12 hours later:

I can subscribe and pay using my sandbox account. The notifications tell me the payments have been accepted (the buyer receipt and the seller notification of payment are both generated), but the subscription in Membership Pro is at Pending and doesn't change to Active and no user or admin emails are sent out.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Alan Henness
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #77518 by Alan Henness
Replied by Alan Henness on topic Problems with PayPal sandbox or Membership Pro?
24 hours later and I'm still getting the same problem! It definitely looks as if either PayPal sandbox is broken and isn't sending out the correct payment confirmation or Membership pro isn't handling it properly, but I can't tell which and certainly can't fix it!

As far as I'm aware, I've not changed any configuration that would have anything to do with this.

Am I the only one?

• Alan Henness
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #77520 by Alan Henness
Replied by Alan Henness on topic Problems with PayPal sandbox or Membership Pro?
I've just realised that the transaction ID is passed back to Membership Pro, so there is something happening, just not enough to get Membership Pro to activate the account after payment.

More
8 years 2 months ago #77529 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Problems with PayPal sandbox or Membership Pro?
Hi Alan

Actually, I think that's the default Transaction ID generated by Membership Pro before the subscriber is being redirected to PayPal

So something doesn't work on your site. Please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that I can try it myself

Tuan

• Alan Henness
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #77581 by Alan Henness
Tuan

I think it must have been a PayPal issue. I received the emails from Membership Pro some four hours after the PayPal transaction, so it looks like PayPal had a delay. I think it also changed a previous Pending membership to Active (but I received no emails), but I can't be sure as I may have done that manually when I was trying to work out what was wrong.

I tried another test subscription this morning and it worked perfectly and was activated immediately.