• Calum
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79515 by Calum
Group Membership was created by Calum
Couple of questions about Group Members;

1. If I have an Adult Member costing £50 and they can add a Child costing £25, 2 children cost £50 etc is there any way to do this with groups without creating multiple plans for each with Max Groups set and the total plan price set?

2. If I have an Adult Member and they go to add the child member in Manage Group Members - can I set fields like address to be pre-populated from the parent subscriber and preferably be locked to not be editable.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79602 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Group Membership
Hi Calum

I am sorry. Both the two features above are still not available in the extension. I would say that Group Membership feature is still at basic implemented and need more improvements.

Will remember this suggestions while working on improving group membership in the future (for now, I have other features I want to focus working on first)

Tuan

• Calum
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79646 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Group Membership
OK so I will probably hack these in, during the next couple of weeks.

Am thinking of adding:
  • Plan specific choice to set the number of group members based on a value in the custom fields. This one might be the hardest and may wait for a better solution ;-)
  • A choice to copy fields over etc to the child. I *think* this one will be easier and will share code back when done

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79688 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Group Membership
That would be great. Thanks. I would work to improve group membership feature, too. But I have other features/improvements I want to focus working on first

Tuan

More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79819 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Group Membership

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: That would be great. Thanks. I would work to improve group membership feature, too. But I have other features/improvements I want to focus working on first

Tuan

I'd welcome further developments to Group Membership element of MemberShip Pro Tuan, as previously mentioned in another thread I'm desperate to launch my site, where each individual organisation that signs up for a membership account, one they take a paid subscription product / package, each member of that organisations staff can also sign-up for an account but be kept under the same organisation main 'master' account.

Regards,

• Calum
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 2 weeks ago #79820 by Calum
So they can do that now - but the organisation "administrator" would need to add them rather than them add themselves if that makes sense...

• Calum
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #83114 by Calum

Calum wrote: OK so I will probably hack these in, during the next couple of weeks.
Am thinking of adding:

• A choice to copy fields over etc to the child. I *think* this one will be easier and will share code back when done

I must learn not to think things will be easy! However, I've finally done this. The code changes are fairly heavy though!

They include a database structure change (my absolute least favourite hack!) to add an extra column for a setting in fields.

There is a patch file attached - or I'm happy to push from git to wherever (Tuan I have your EB GitHub Repo but not MP) if its of any use.

Let me explain what I've created:

- A new setting on the CustomFields page called Child Field Default this can be set from 0 to 3.
0 (None) does nothing - so you keep the standard defaults
1 (Mirror) defaults the value to the same as the Group Admin / Parent Account. So if this is family membership you might set all your address fields to this. You might set last name to this, or even email.
2. (Mirror and Lock) does the same as 1 but then sets the field (on the front end only) to be read only. For me that will be the address fields - my family members have to live at the same address. In a business world this might be the Organization name that can't be changed, but you might allow the address to default but to be changed in case they had head office and branches.
3. (Hide) the field is hidden on the Child Subscriptions. Useful for fields that should generate a fee. So our Sailing Club has Dinghy Park Spaces generating a fee. These won't appear on the Child now at all.

If you use Joomla Profiles etc they the data will still be editable later in them, so if you use "Lock" then thats probably not a great plan.

While anyone is welcome to use these patches - they do make fairly big code changes so be aware of what you are doing and do plenty of pre-production testing. If you want it added to core so that its not your headache - you need to tell Tuan!

File Attachment:

File Name: groupdefaults.zip
File Size:3 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: groupdefaults.zip
File Size:3 KB
Attachments:

More
7 years 9 months ago #84201 by George
Replied by George on topic Group Membership
Hi Calum, I'm getting an installation error:
Warning
JInstaller: :Install: Can't find XML setup file.
Could you confirm the installation method please
I'm using Joomla 3.5.1
Thanks.

• Calum
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #84205 by Calum
Hi George

I'm afraid these are not installation files. The changes are changes to the CORE code. I'm not sure they could be created as plugins. So inside the zip file is a text document (the site security doesn't like the text file because its got PHP in it so it needed zipped to hide it). The text document is a GIT patch file - it shows which lines are edited. Its really intended to be applied through git to the core code, although if you wanted to you can manually apply the changes from it.

I would **stress** this includes a database structure change - that is a pretty major hack to make. (Easy to do but major in terms of future code integrity etc).

If you are going to use this - I'd explode the existing install zip file on a PC, then use git to apply the patch (if you've never done that - its a fairly steep learning curve) then re-zip it and upload it. IN THEORY - that can be re-applied to each future release. I say in theory because there is bound to come a time when some code change makes it impossible to apply directly.

So it'd be far better if Tuan can either put the changes into core or provide similar functionality using the changes. He needs to know if it is a feature users want though...