Duplicate Subscriptions

• Bob Kelley
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #79569 by Bob Kelley
Duplicate Subscriptions was created by Bob Kelley
I had grown frustrated with Membership Pro and unfortunately had not upgraded it in awhile. Yesterday I decided to upgrade to the latest version of Membership Pro, Events Booking and Eshop. In looking at Membership pro I still have the same problems I had when I bought it years ago. While the profile is now split showing you a client record and then a subscription history, the client record fields are not in a normal order (Organization, Address_1, Address_2, City, State, Zip, Country etc, Then I go into History and a see a client who's subscription would expire in May, yet renewed in March...HAS TWO RECORDS. One is May 2015-May 2016 The other is May 2016 too May 2017. Both are active..and need to be to cover him currently. Yet he just emailed me as he just received an email saying he needs to renew????? I assume the old record is still emailing him???? I have no idea Also it seems if I export actives I get dupes. I thought we were fixing this double record issue??
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #79570 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Duplicate Subscriptions
Hi Bob

We are having a plugin which can be used to prevent that. It is very late here now (1:15pm) so I will reply you with the details on tomorrow morning

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 1 month ago #79699 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Duplicate Subscriptions
Hi Bob

While the profile is now split showing you a client record and then a subscription history, the client record fields are not in a normal order (Organization, Address_1, Address_2, City, State, Zip, Country etc,)

=> Could you please make a screenshot of this page showing me the error so that I can understand this issue?

Then I go into History and a see a client who's subscription would expire in May, yet renewed in March...HAS TWO RECORDS. One is May 2015-May 2016 The other is May 2016 too May 2017. Both are active..and need to be to cover him currently. Yet he just emailed me as he just received an email saying he needs to renew????? I assume the old record is still emailing him???? I have no idea Also it seems if I export actives I get dupes. I thought we were fixing this double record issue??

=> Actually, we have a plugin called "OS Membership - Simlizing Renewal" which is used to solve this issue. Basically, when you enable this plugin, if subscriber renews his membership, the system won't create a new subscription record for that renewal, it just extends the original subscription record

However, I still think that you should not enable that plugin. The reason is because if you enable that plugin, you won't be able to see subscription history of a subscriber.

The only thing which I don't understand is that why there is renewal reminder email sent, is it sent even after you upgraded to latest version 2.3.0 ?

Please let me know so that I can check it further

Regards,

Tuan