User Profile

More
6 years 5 months ago #106253 by Kieran
Replied by Kieran on topic User Profile
I added a User Profile menu item and it displays user information as expected and allows the user to update details.
However it also includes a section called Renew Membership, which we don't want.
This contains two radio buttons and a Process Renew button.
Both radio options say "Renew subscription plan for for . Price €0.00." but don't specify which plan it refers to.
When I try to renew one, it says "OSM_CANNOT_ACCESS_UNPUBLISHED_PLAN"
So I presume it is trying to renew one of the plans that is no longer published.
I don't want this section in any case.
Is there a way to turn it off?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 5 months ago #106265 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic User Profile
Hi Kieran

There must be something special on the site (maybe inconsistent data) causing the issue. Please submit a support ticket sending us:

1. Super admin account
2. A subscriber account
3. Link to the page

We are going to check to see why it is being displayed and get it sorted

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 years 5 months ago #106268 by Kieran
Every time I ask a question you seem to ask for Super Admin access to our site!
I can't give you this.
All of our membership data is on the site. Giving out the super admin access would be a breach of members' privacy.

More
6 years 5 months ago #106269 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Kieran

Without super admin account of your site, it is very hard for us to check to see why the issue happens and get it sorted.

In your case, you just want to hide it but I want to see what's wrong with the data to solve it properly

But it's OK. If you don't want to give us access, please try to modify code yourself. Open the file components/com_osmembership/view/profile/tmpl/default.php, find the lines of code below and remove it:
Code:
// Renew Membership if ($this->item->group_admin_id == 0 && count($this->planIds)) { ?> <form action="<?php echo JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_osmembership&task=register.process_renew_membership&Itemid=' . $this->Itemid, false, $ssl); ?>" method="post" name="osm_form_renew" id="osm_form_renew" autocomplete="off" class="form form-horizontal"> <h2 class="osm-form-heading"><?php echo JText::_('OSM_RENEW_MEMBERSHIP'); ?></h2> <?php echo $this->loadCommonLayout('common/tmpl/renew_options.php');?> </form> <?php }

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 years 5 months ago #106271 by Kieran
Thanks Tuan, I will do that.
I would suggest for a future release that the renewal section should be removed or made configurable. I think there is already a menu option for renewals and to me it doesn't make a lot of sense to have it on the user profile section.
For example, if I have just paid for an annual membership, it would be confusing to see an option to renew it straight away.
Thanks for you help.

Kieran

More
6 years 5 months ago #106307 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Kieran

Use profile is designed to become a central location which you can do everything with your account (update profile, renew membership, upgrade membership, cancel recurring subscription (only supported in some payment plugins)

If you want to prevent displaying renew options when you just paid, there is a config option called Allow membership renewal , set it to 30 for example, and renew options will only be displayed 30 days before subscription is being expired

Regards,

Tuan