Recurring creates new subscription?

• Gilberto Sayegh
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #79822 by Gilberto Sayegh
Recurring creates new subscription? was created by Gilberto Sayegh
Hi Tuan,
Membership Pro is creating one "new" subscription to every month of recur of a recurring membership. I mean, a user subscribe to a monthly membership, with automatic recurring, them every month when the payment processor confirms the payment, Membership Pro shows up a new line/ID of membership in the Subscriptions tab. This way of work was not clear to us, we thought the original membership were going to be update with the new period of subscription. So, just to confirm, is this way of work (new subscription every month) correct?
Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #79845 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring creates new subscription?
Hi Gilberto

Yes. That's the way the extension is designed to work. Having a new record will help you keep track of subscription history of the user instead of just having a main record

If you don't like this behavior, you can publish the plugin "OS Membership - Simlizing Renewal".

However, I would advice not to do that. If you want to see a unique list of subscriber, you can go to Membership Pro -> Subscribers to see the subscription over-view of the subscriber you want

Tuan

• Gilberto Sayegh
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #79862 by Gilberto Sayegh
Replied by Gilberto Sayegh on topic Recurring creates new subscription?
Hey Tuan,

Thank you for let me know about this extension, looks like it makes exact what we need.

But, when you advise me to don't use the extension, it sounds like it's going to be dropped/discontinued or something like this. Is it the case?

Thank you.

More
8 years 1 month ago #79897 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Recurring creates new subscription?
Hi Gilberto

No, it is not true. I will still continue main and improve it (if needed), I just worry that if you use it, you won't be able to see subscription history of that user

If you are OK with that (don't need to see subscription history), you can use the plugin

Regards,

Tuan