Backend Issue adding users to groups

• John Dawson
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #79879 by John Dawson
Backend Issue adding users to groups was created by John Dawson
Loving the new functionality in V2.3 around groups and lists, however I have just been trying to add some existing (legacy) registered users to family groups in the backend (administrator) side of my joomla website and I am coming across what seems to be a bug.

I go to GROUP MEMBERS and then click on NEW it brings up the new user page.

I then select the Plan = family and Group = "tim stredwick" and because the user already exists in my system, I then select the User field and select the User "=lynne stredwick" I want to add to that family Group.

The problem is that it appears that the system GUI is hiding the Username and Password fields after you select the User field option and is not filling them in with the Username and Password of the user that I want to add to the group.

The end result of this is that I can't save the user record because I get an error message to either enter the Username or Password (to try and get around this, in one case I tried to enter the username in the username field before clicking on the User field).

Is this a bug, or is it just occurring on my computer?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #79893 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Backend Issue adding users to groups
Hi John

I would say that it is a bug. Could you please submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site?

We will fix this issue if it is valid and then update the download package with the change, too. Will work on it on Monday

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.