"Please enter name" error: subscription sign-up

More
8 years 10 hours ago #80628 by jr
I encountered an error when doing a test registration to a Membership Pro (MP) subscription, as follows.

1. On the front end, I displayed an article having a restricted (subscriber-only) section.

2. After I clicked on the access link, Joomla displayed the MP subscription plans.

3. I clicked on a plan's "Sign Up" button. Joomla displayed the sign-up page.

4. In the Account Information section, I entered Username, Password, and Email; I completed the Captcha test, then clicked on the "Process Subscription" button.

5. Joomla redisplayed the sign-up page with "Error--Please enter your name" at the top (image attached).

How should I troubleshoot this?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 10 hours ago #80629 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic "Please enter name" error: subscription sign-up
Hi

It is because you ublished both first name and last name fields for some reasons. Please go to Membership Pro -.> Custom Fields, publish at least one of the two custom fields

After that, it will work well

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 10 hours ago #80630 by jr
Thanks for your fast response, Tuan.

I published the "first name" custom field and that fixed the error.

However: I would rather not force the user to enter their first or last name. (They already are entering a Username, that's enough for us.) Is there a way to remove that requirement?

More
8 years 7 hours ago #80646 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic "Please enter name" error: subscription sign-up
We will need to customize the code. If you really need it, we can help you with the customization. However, that also means that you could not update to future releases of the extension (which we still plans to add many more improvements)

So please think about it carefully before making the decision. Having both username and name are common requirement (Joomla core and all other system do that), so I don't think you have to make this modification

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 11 months ago #80683 by jr
Thanks for offering to help customize, Tuan. But we don't want the added work.

That said, we really don't need to collect the user's first or last name. Might you consider removing the requirement in a future release?

More
7 years 11 months ago #80714 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Last name is not required. Only First name is required. It is a general Joomla require (needs to have both username and name to creating a Joomla account), so I don't think we can remove it

Tuan