Include username in reminder message?

More
7 years 11 months ago #81207 by jr
Is it possible to include the value of the "username" tag in reminder messages?

Currently, in Emails & Messages > Reminder Messages, the only tags that MP allows are [PLAN_TITLE], [FIRST_NAME], [LAST_NAME], [NUMBER_DAYS], [EXPIRE_DATE] .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #81241 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Include username in reminder message?
Hi

Are you using version 2.3.0 ? I can make small modification to the code to add support for that tag for you if it is really needed

Tuan

More
7 years 11 months ago #81243 by jr
Replied by jr on topic Include username in reminder message?
Yes, we have v. 2.3.0 .

In user testing, we've found that renewing users enter the wrong data when registering--so we think it'd help to tell them (in the reminder e-mail message) their username.

If that modification is easy for you, we'd sure appreciate it. We can wait until the next release of MP, if necessary.

More
7 years 11 months ago #81298 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK

Then please wait me until next week. This week I am too busy because we are having a new baby this week

I will work on this feature sometime next week and include it in the core download package

Tuan

More
7 years 11 months ago #81411 by jr
Replied by jr on topic Include username in reminder message?
Congratulations. We had in newborn in our house recently.

I think you should take several months off.

More
7 years 11 months ago #81455 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks jr. This is my main business and to be honest, my family depends on it, so I could not take several months off. I will just slow down the working for few days, then everything will be back as normal

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 11 months ago #82058 by Andrew Hicks
Replied by Andrew Hicks on topic Include username in reminder message?
Is this feature now released Tuan? We would also like it and [password] to confirm login details to new users.

Many thanks. You have an excellent product and I am impressed to see the responsiveness of your support forum.

More
7 years 11 months ago #82092 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Include username in reminder message?
You can't put [password] in - password is encrypted in the database so can not be extracted. Any website that ever sends your current password to you should be considered insecure.

Instead you can provide a link to reset the password: yoursite.domain/index.php?option=com_users&view=reset (You can do the same for username with remind instead of reset)

More
7 years 10 months ago #82239 by LMKweb
Replied by LMKweb on topic Include username in reminder message?
I'd also like to add this would be an extremely useful feature to have! We have a lot of people having issues with getting locked out of the site when they try to renew, because they don't remember their login information.

More
7 years 10 months ago #82395 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
If you want to include [USERNAME] tag in the reminder email, please download latest version (still 2.3.0 but the code was changed), upgrade it to your site

As @Calum explained, we could not send [PASSWORD] because it is encrypted. There is no way to get plain password to resend to users. So if someone forgot password, he must reset it

Tuan