Enable support_recurring_subscription at install

• Olle Haerstedt
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #81675 by Olle Haerstedt
Enable support_recurring_subscription at install was created by Olle Haerstedt
Hi,

I just extended your PayPal payment plugin to be able to cancel subscriptions (this is possible using Paypal Pro API signature etc). But the plugin is listed as not supporting recurring payments. I.e., support_recurring_subscription is 0 in the database, and I had to change it manually. How do you configure the installation XML for a plugin to enable this at installation?

Regards
Olle
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Olle Haerstedt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #81752 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Enable support_recurring_subscription at install
Hi Olle

We don't enable setting it in XML of the payment plugin. We hard code the value in Membership Pro code (as right now, the payment plugins are mostly developed by ourself).

If you look at the code of the plugin model (administrator/components/com_osmembership/model/plugin.php), you will see these code:
Code:
$recurringPlugins = array( 'os_paypal', 'os_authnet', 'os_paypal_pro', 'os_stripe' );

You can extend the array to include your new payment plugin. I am working to make it possible to set it in XML in the next release, too

Regards,

Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #81753 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Enable support_recurring_subscription at install
Also, if you use PayPal Pro API, maybe you should purchase and use MP PayPal Pro payment plugin ( joomdonation.com/payment-plugins/members...payment-plugins.html ). It support cancel recurring subscription from within your site, and you won't have to implement the code yourself. Of course, it is your choice :)

Tuan

• Olle Haerstedt
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #81762 by Olle Haerstedt
Replied by Olle Haerstedt on topic Enable support_recurring_subscription at install
Hi,

OK, good to know!

Paypal Pro will not work in Germany, where I work (we already bought it and tested). But the API works for cancellation. That's why we need to combine both the classic and the pro API (CBSubs does this, too).

Regards
Olle
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by Olle Haerstedt.