Membership List display

• Andrew Hicks
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #82061 by Andrew Hicks
Membership List display was created by Andrew Hicks
Is it possible for us to create membership lists (online) where we select only some fields and can arrange them in a particular order. We would like to display multiple membership lists - based on the same membership database - with different information on each list. For example one list gives address and profile data, while another list displays interests or scores. The single yes/no custom field display option does not give enough freedom. Can the selection and order of fields be made an option for the 'members list' menu item please?

Is it possible to create fields for display only, by concatenating other fields; for example [first name] + " " + [last name] or to display full address in one field?

Is it possible to display a membership list in summary and detail form, such that for each member only the name and avatar are displayed initially until the user clicks through to a more detailed entry?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #83457 by Brian Shea
Replied by Brian Shea on topic Membership List display
I'm curious about this also.
As it is now, I just see a list of names and not much else to do with it.

I wonder if we could have a way to create different displays, maybe have a section in admin area to create 'display templates', where we can create custom layouts.
Also, I'd like to display multiple lists. Example: we have 3 lists, I is for 'hidden' registered members. I'd like to show members of Plan 1 and Plan 2, but not Plan 3.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 10 months ago #83478 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Membership List display
Hi Brian

Actually, you can config what fields you want to show on the members list. Go to Membership Pro => Custom Fields, click on the custom fields you want to be showed, set Show on Member List parameter to Yes and it will be showed

I am sorry but I don't have plans to improve the list display in the near future. We are still focus improving the main feature of the extension which is handling membership + payment....

This display members list improvement we will have to leave to future

Tuan

More
7 years 10 months ago #83552 by Brian Shea
Replied by Brian Shea on topic Membership List display
no problem. Better features all around are great for everyone.

It is just something to keep in back of our minds without attempting to create a full CCK. Maybe just a link from a member's name to their profile? We can use the 'show on member list' for the list layout, but allow the full profiles to be pulled up with a link.

...in the future.