Display what user has access to

• Justyna
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #82713 by Justyna
Display what user has access to was created by Justyna
Hi, I'm new with Memebrship Pro.. I need to restrict access based on URLs. My website will have 20+ plans. A user buys plan X. When he logs in, he should have access to / see only the menu items (modules) that he has access to, not all the 20 of the possible plans/menus. I just would like the user, after he logs in, to be able to see what he has bought and not everything. Is there any way how I could do that?
maybe via Menus? but only to see those he should have access to, not all of them. I get why the idea to display exist though.

Thanks for any help or suggestion.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #82752 by Jonathan Colls
Replied by Jonathan Colls on topic Display what user has access to
Could you set the plans to be Guest access. Then when they have signed up to one they are no longer a guest and none of the plans will be available as the user is now registered. Not sure how that might work with renewals etc if you are using that option but might be worth investigating.

More
7 years 10 months ago #82787 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Display what user has access to
Hi

Yes. I think you can try create menu items and handle the visibility of these menu items to Joomla core access levels.

Basically, I think you should:

1. Create necessary Joomla user groups

2. Create necessary Joomla access levels

3. Assign these menu items to correct access level

4. Config Membership Pro so that when users subscribe for a subscription plan, they will be assigned to the Joomla groups you want membershipprodoc.joomservices.com/joomla-groups-integration , thus they will have the access level and can access to the allowed menu items

That's just a general idea. Please think about it and try to setup

Tuan