• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #83256 by PhoenixUK
Plan Refunds? was created by PhoenixUK
Tuan,

Whilst I appreciate this is in part regarding a plugin you didn't develop, where I noticed this possible issue with my Recurring GoCardless Payment plugin and whilst it's put actual true payments through from my test subscription plan, to my GoCardless account but thankfully it's my own money...I'm more concerned that I cannot find any integrated way, to cancel ANY subscription plan as an end-user, or as the Administrator / Owner of my site in the MembershipPro backend... do you have any guidance on this please?

There will always be a %, albeit small % who will need to cancel during a plan, if they meet the plan cancellation requirements I set but I cannot set these, until I figure out how to cancel live plans currently as outlined above.

Regards,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #83312 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Plan Refunds?
I **think** PayPal require the PayPal user logs into paypal and cancels their subscription from paypal. Is GoCardless not the same? In which case you just provide a menu link to GC's website called "Cancel Subscription?"

More
7 years 10 months ago #83330 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Plan Refunds?
@PhoenixUK: You would need to write a lots of code to handle this behavior I am afraid of. I don't know how recurring payment is handled with GoCardless, but I think:

- When a recurring subscription registered with them, they should return us a recurring profile, or something like that. Or a Transaction ID of the payment

- Base on that recurring profile, they should allow them to write code to cancel the recurring payment. And also base on Transaction ID, they should allow us to write some code to process the refund

As this is not supported in all payment gateway, it is not implemented in Membership Pro (at least until now ). So in this case, I guess you will have to contact the GoCardless support, ask them for more information and forward the answer to the developer who developed the payment plugin for you to see whether he could implement this feature / option

Regards,

Tuan