Exporting a list of expired subscribers

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #83626 by intouchweb
Exporting a list of expired subscribers was created by intouchweb
How can I easily export a current list of expired subscribers (not expired subscriptions).That is, a list of subscribers who have NOT renewed their subscriptions for the current period? As far as I can make out, at this stage, when "Export Subscriptions" button is used, the entire database of subscriptions are exported, so for example someone who subscribed in 2014, 2015 and 2016 would have three records. I seem to recall some discussion about old expired records being removed if a user re-news or re-subscribes. This would then ensure that records do not build up forever AND any subscriber indicating they have expired would not have duplicate records when they resubscribed. Alternatively, do we just need a new button "Export Subscribers" ?? Please comment?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #83639 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Exporting a list of expired subscribers
What do you actually want?
  • A list of current subscribers maybe to send a paper newsletter to?
  • A list of ?recently? expired members - perhaps to find any failure's to renew and follow them up with a phone call etc

The first should be easy. Either using the current download and filtering its output to exclude expired, or by writing a little SQL.

The second could be trickier. You don't want the ones who expired but the later renewed... Doable with SQL. With the Spreadsheet would be harder (although no impossible). You might want to search fallback plan on the forum - that might offer a solution... fall back an expired member to "lapsed" and then find anyone with a current "lapsed" subscription.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 10 months ago #83648 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Exporting a list of expired subscribers
Actually, with the way Membership Pro is programmed at the moment, there is no easy way to get a list like that. This is one of the thing which I will work on in the next step.

I think it will take me up to one month to work on this improvement. Please wait for me

Tuan

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #83853 by intouchweb
Replied by intouchweb on topic Exporting a list of expired subscribers
Thanks Tuan, I think you understand what I need, a simple way to export a list of expired subscriptions BUT only including those that have not renewed, or in other words expired subscribers. I am also experiencing the problem where an expired subscriber wishes to subscribe again - as their expired record still remains in the system I believe this means they cannot use their old username or email address again to resubscribe, is that correct? If so, this means they need a new email account every time this happens. I suppose you may need to consider some sort of archive system, eg auto-archiving all expired subscriptions after a configured grace period. For example, archive all expired subscriptions after 3 months past its expiry date (the grace period set by admin). During this grace period a new subscription from an expired subscriber should really be treated as a renewal ie to retain continuous membership in their membership history. I am also wanting the users to be able to view the history of their membership so I do not want to simply delete the expired records..? I hope these thoughts are helpful, it is difficult to clearly explain and figure oiut what would work best but I think you agree with these ideas which is a great start...

More
7 years 10 months ago #83959 by carlyweb
Replied by carlyweb on topic Exporting a list of expired subscribers
Exporting based on filters set in the admin for Subscriptions would be ideal.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 10 months ago #83966 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It would have to been in Subscribers in the future. I will have to make some changes to that page to make it easier to find subscribers base on status....

Please be patient and wait for me

Tuan

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 9 months ago #85110 by intouchweb
Replied by intouchweb on topic Exporting a list of expired subscribers
For those reading this thread, it appears this feature has now been implemented in ver 2.6.0 via the new Report tab.
Thank you Tuan... for your commitment and dedication to service and your response to feedback and suggestions.
Your work ethic is simply amazing and inspiring, I hope you achieve every success in your business you really do deserve it :)

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 9 months ago #85112 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes. Now, you can access to Membership Pro -> Report to filter list of subscribers base on status. Also, from that page, you can can easily find out the list of subscribers will be expired in the next X days (X is selected from list of pre-defined values in the dropdown)

Tuan