Profile Edit - Disable edit of some fields

More
7 years 9 months ago #83974 by SDBBS
1. When showing the member profile view, is there a way to display certain fields, but have them disabled from editing?

Why? Once someone enters their name, I do not want them to edit that field, but I would like it displayed in their profile.
Similarly, I want to assign a membership ID to them (not automatically generated), but I do not want it to be edited when editing the profile.
However, I want to provide them the flexibility to edit their Postal address.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #84112 by sarrene
Replied by sarrene on topic Profile Edit - Disable edit of some fields
Hello and good morning,

I have the same question. Is there a way to make some fields non editable once they purchase a subscription?

We have some options that they can chose at the time they make their first purchase, however these are not editable once their accounts are set up.

Thank you,
Sarrene'

More
7 years 9 months ago #84167 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Profile Edit - Disable edit of some fields
Hi Sarrene

At the moment, it is not possible, unfortunately. However, I added this option to my todo list. Right now, I have two important features I want to focus working on frst

If I can finish it sooner, I will ask this option to next release of Membership Pro

I will update you with the progress

Regards,

Tuan

More
7 years 9 months ago #84187 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Profile Edit - Disable edit of some fields
Tuan

When you do, take a look at my post about restricting edit of child members on Group members...
www.joomdonation.com/forum/membership-pr...embership.html#83114

Would be good if the two types of field edits could be included...

Calum

More
7 years 9 months ago #84326 by sarrene
Replied by sarrene on topic Profile Edit - Disable edit of some fields
Hello and good day Tuan!
Thank you for the reply. I sure do hope this comes in soon. I had to take the new subscription plans off line and go back to our old due to this one issue. So at this time I am not really using the component, sadly. heroengine.com I do hoe that is able to come in soon.
Though I know it is a lot of work, adding a function to set editable or not would be great on many of the fields.

Thank you again,
Sarrene'