• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #84059 by PhoenixUK
Trial Setup and Queries? was created by PhoenixUK
Hi There,

I need to offer 30-day trials on our various SaaS services and whilst I've added the details to my test plan, when I go to the frontend I don't see any trial option, can you please clarify how this trial part works?

Ideally, I'd like to be able to offer a separate sign-up process, data capture of client's infrastructure for e.g. during trial sign-up; which allows us to facilitate their trial - is this normal way it works within MembershipPro?

I've got test plans partially setup with all the data capture custom fields we need etc but I need these same one's during trial sign up too. Of course when a user goes from free trial they either cancel and don't move forward or they pay for full recurring subscription during the move from the trial to the full plan.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago #84066 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Trial Setup and Queries?
Not sure what you want,

Really trial just lets you alter payments for first payment. What will be special between a trial and a non-trial user?

• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #84068 by PhoenixUK
Replied by PhoenixUK on topic Trial Setup and Queries?

Calum wrote: Not sure what you want,

Really trial just lets you alter payments for first payment. What will be special between a trial and a non-trial user?

Ultimately, to gain access to a Trial of our SaaS software / services, clients ideally still need to be required to subscribe to this feature, as with any other full and paid plan but the only difference being, they're not charged for their 30 day trial, to essentially test out the benefits and features of our services before committing to a paid subscription plan and contract etc.

Nothing out of the ordinary really and as one would expect most trials elsewhere to run. So are you saying, the trial feature is not strictly for a 'Trial' setting as in the above kind of scenario?

Regards,

• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #84069 by PhoenixUK
Now it's got me thinking the best way, maybe for me to 'duplicate' my paid for subscription plans, as then I get to capture all the same and required data from the clients, needed to serve them either a trial or full paid plan but with the trial versions of any said plan, I simply set the fee to £0 but leave everything else the same. Then in those free trial plans, add the upgrade option to the level up paid plan for that service / product?

More
7 years 10 months ago #84070 by Calum
Replied by Calum on topic Trial Setup and Queries?
Why not just add £0 trial to the paid plan... It trials for 30 days for free and on renewal its no longer free?

• PhoenixUK
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #84072 by PhoenixUK

Calum wrote: Why not just add £0 trial to the paid plan... It trials for 30 days for free and on renewal its no longer free?

The client / user needs to have the option to not take our services upon the end of the trial, rather than just rolling into the paid subscription as you mention - I could do this for sure, if there was a "Trial Cancellation" option. I prefer to give our clients two distinct options, rather than two in one, that could confuse - I'm just trying to design the best user flow and that fits our market space I suppose.

Regards,